Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

About 1 hour ago, I brought home a brand new :minelab: E-Trac...

bertman

Spent about 30 minutes over my 3+ year old test garden and didn't have any issues locating an 8" sliver rosie.

Now I need warmer weather in Oklahoma to try this beast out... Temps are supposed to be in the upper 50's later this week... Have an old park in mind where a hunting buddy found a nice 1917 SLQ a few years back...
I'll post pics of my finds after the maiden voyage...

HH Robert...

Congratulations.........hope you enjoy it. Sure you will:clapping:

Congrats on the new ET! Good luck on your 1st outing!:clap:

Good luck with your new machine ! :detecting:

Have fun and coin garden is good idea! I have several coins in my front yard various from 5 to 8 inch deep. Good test before go out to hunt!

H'mm! If i had a test garden which i don't, i'd definitely bury more coins a little deeper too. 10, 12 and 14 inches then experiment.
Keep in mind though, a freshly buried coin at 12 inches would likely detect differently than a 12 inch deep coin buried for a 100 years.

Trust me, the IDs might be way off of the expected for a coin, but with experience, the right coil and the right settings the eTRAC can, in-fact did find me a bunch of 11 to 14 inch deep barber dimes, mercs, Indians and an old early 1900s car brass key fob last year. And in an old park area frequented by detectorists.

Yeah, at first i did get a little on the paranoid side digging foot+ deep holes in that park. But seeing, flagging down then BSing with the old park caretaker eased it all.
In fact, he also gave me some pointers on where to find the oldies and it paid off. My experience is that most park mowers' especially, like to break the monotony of mowing by BSing with someone.

I got to know another park attendant at another park. I somehow lost my trusty Garrett probe there. A few weeks later, i returned to that park and the caretaker flagged me down. Yep, he found my probe and kept it for me.

And yet with another old late 1800s park i frequent, i got to know the park manager to the point we both compare historical research on that park. That combined research paid off too.

Every time i'm at a new park and see a caretaker or someone mowing, i always try to strike up a conversation with them.
Moral of the story i guess, it pays to be friendly with park care takers -OR- the best defense is an offense!

Yes little different reading in coin garden and 100 years old! But not much different reading and more important is that my machine ABLE to contact that deep! Many metal detector cant go as deep as 8 inch deep! My first machine is cheap around 150 dollars but not able as deep as 4 inch no matter how hard I try on setting on machine!

Nice! I've had mine over a month and still haven't had the chance to use it due to all of the snow. Spending time with the emulator, but it isn't the same...

Good luck! You won't regret buying an ETrac. I actaully traded for a second one because I couldn't stand to be without it if something happened to my primary machine.