Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Accidentally Ran Etrac at onlyl 3 Sensitivity yesterday

coin-star

Background: I have decided to only use Etrac and an Equinox 600 and sell the rest of my detectors. I just got an Etrac this week.

Yesterday was my first outing with the Etrac. I have been reading the manual and playing with it indoors for several days while waiting for the rain to stop. We finally had enough sunshine to dry things out and I had about an hour to hunt before the rain started again. In my haste, I didn't realize I had left it on the sensitivity of manual 3 that I was using indoors. I went my in-laws house which was built in the 1930's and started searching in stock coins mode.

I actually found a 1944 wheat cent about 6 inches down. It was a strong signal in my headphones. I also found an interesting half dollar sized token from a bank. I haven't been able to date it yet.

Lesson learned, but impressive performance from such low gain.

CS

That is impressive,I wouldn’t think it would hit that at that depth in that setting. Makes a guy wonder how hot you really have to run it and still get depth. Of course there are other factors involved but sensitivity is a big one!

This is really interesting. The next time I get a solid, deep signal with my E Trac I'm going to turn the sens down to 3 and see if the signal is still
there. I usually run mine at 27 manual.
Happy Hunting !

CS, you will enjoy your E-TRAC. Not sure if you know about the E-TRAC Emulator software. You can load it free and it helps your learn all the E-TRAC settings on your PC. There are files of gold and silver coins and jewelry so you can see how the E-TRAC responds to each. Go to www.thebeepgoeson.com and click on Downloads and Minelab Files.

Would be interesting to go back over the same area at a higher sensitivity setting and see what is pulled up.