Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice to the mods.

There are plenty of metal detecting forums on the web, but I think Finds is the best resource for good, helpful info. That being said, I just tried to reply to an ongoing discussion regarding Ground Balancing the CTX-3030 and got the dreaded "Topic is closed" message.

Just my opinion, but if we close topics that allow users share helpful info and we keep topics like "this mornings silver" and "A first for me" open, helpful posts will quickly end up getting bumped back to other pages and the "today's find" topics will dominate the forum. Finds will find itself in a similar situation as other forums...declining traffic, less advertising, etc. As more and more people are using social media to show off their finds, this forum runs the risk of becoming irrelevant and boring.

JMO

I think the whole point in it is there are all ready plenty of threads about ground balancing and with continuing it you just get pointless conversations that take up database space. Ground balancing is a pretty simple issue to cover and is no need for 40 threads and 500 pages of wasted website space JMO

One other thing I received my ctx 3030 yesterday I feel like I have owned this machine for years other than learning the ID screen Menus are SIMPLE!! to navigate. You really dont even need to read the manual to figure it out. Simple machine and this is my first real detector other than the cz-21

I don't know why it was closed... I have definitely seen the reasons they have closed other posts but I don't understand this one. I think it was either a mistake or we are missing a good reason they did.

I closed this topic because it was becoming a mute and argumentitive point. It was discussed to the point of overkill. Your point was made and noted. If you think that you have more to add, open another thread and I will leave it open.

I agree that these people continue to argue and spew the same bull over and over. This machine is super simple to use. Why continue arguing and bickering back and forth over a relatively basic topic?

My advice to the mods, keep up the good work! Seems as more people get the CTX more and more pointless posts are making their way on here.

I side with Neil on this one. I think it was premature to hit the button to close the topic. But, life goes on, new and old moderators make mistakes and he said if you wanted to to open another thread.

alright beautiful day time to go to detecting now.

To everyone here. One of my biggest concerns is NOT to upset anyone. Unfortunately I or any other moderator cannot appease everyone. Neil your appeal is duly noted. We are all here to teach and learn, and above all to have fun in our growing sport.

Now I'm going to close this thread before any other words are typed that might start a verbal riot.

HH
Gatekeeper