Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After thinking about it more over the past few weeks and looking at the posts; is the E-Trac really aimed or become more of a relic hunting machine co

christopher-ohio

it's kind of like an F-75 or T-2 in the two tone mode which is at their best?...it seems to do great in ferrous and two tones finding non-ferrous objects in all the iron. I'm not a dig "everything above iron" guy but I seems to me that a different thought process about the E-trac is in order...sure it finds coins, bullets, and such but without the ID of an Explorer which is OK...it seems perfect for relic hunters and those in the UK and abroad that do dig "everything above iron"...just trying to put it all in perspective(overall big picture) and appreciate it for what it seems to be to me after reading the posts...HH

Its a lot more than an explorer....

And it had to be to get Europeans and Our British Brothers to cough up their hard earned Sterling And Euro's !

Do you want to fry your brains in one spot all day..... in the sun swinging like a snail in ......Twisted Mode......ferrous... all blacked out except for the top corner....

IF Thats what you like......JUST DO IT.......

But In My opinion its a big STEP backwards.....I am already SYNC'D to my E-trac no way I would go back I am finding in the null ....And I can whip threw it at will...

I suspect some are sweeping to slow......... and have not found the sweet spot on the coil sweep for best consistent depth and their ground..... being .....it is still heavier machine than most

some seem to want do the hokey Pokey.... Get the Cream first...... the bangers .....note the trash area's then come back and let the dirt fly!

Sorry these are just my Views and opinions and are not aimed or directed at anyone

I just know that e-trac requires a different Mindset and action

Happy Trails
Jim Pugh

I know that the F75 recommended a faster swing speed but it never crossed my mind with the ET...

J

I find it very interesting watching others figure this out...there are many things about the E-Trac I just love compared to any other machine I've ever used thus far...to the point that I actually miss it but do not want to go back to an Explorer for my own reasons and some you stated,,,your insight and others into the workings of the E-Trac surely are appreciated at all the different sites it's being used around the globe...please keep up the good work :)

set it all UP Beach..... start with preset minelab coin program change only this.... varibilty MAX ,deep on, Fast ON conductive mode....

start with a noise cancel and If you aint happy with IT put it on manual 30 and noise cancel again...everything setup in the air take a silver quarter at MAN 30 make sure you take watch and

rings off even be carefull with your head and glasses.....yes it may chirp a bit but get as far away with a fast sweep speed and a flat silver 25 cent...... see how far away... it makes a spongy

sound.......NOW back em down one at a time i usually try a silver dime a silver 25 cents and a nice PULTAB.........find the sweet spot notice it likes speed and even 22 it comming in

good then REPEAT AFTER me three times IT AINT KNOW EXPLORER........I guarantee it will do more in the field if YOU learn HER ......Cause YOU One deadly DUDE behind a Metal

detector! AND I know who I'm Talking 2......Check ER out Beach!

Happy Trails
Jim Pugh

Not really.. I think it is aimed more for people coming from other mfg machines.. and maybe those that strictly hunt conductive and digital with the explorer.. Although I am thinking now that if it can see anything in iron better than the explorer(still way up in the air to me)
it will be good in more worked out spots.. the more I use mine and have started digging readings out side the 12 ferrous range the more I am seeing things read all over the screen... so with the etrac it will be indeed dig everything above iron, even in non iron sites.. or just dig the 12's and go for coins and buttons and rings.. the oddball stuff reads all over.. where there was pretty much a sweet zone in the explorer.. with the etrac if it beeps dig it.. your gonna get lots of trash but if you dont you could leave good stuff behind.

I am still at a loss as to why they removed multi tone from ferrous mode, the ferrous readings OK, I could live with that, but I tell you iron will spike constantly into the high tone range... having multi tone at least you get that audio response that gives more low on iron than high.. a single or couple of tones it more or less warbles high low and its a stab at what tone is trying to come through or is trying to be masked if you know what I mean...

with the explorer in ferrous mode I can and do run open screen and am able to hear all targets and judge by audio and screen position if its good.. the upper right corner is a last resort when you get into a park that is just totally trashed with, crown and screw caps tabs foil and aluminum craps from lawn mowers, and you have as many as 10 or more targets under the coil at once.. believe me you get in a spot like that with the etrac in coin mode and you will go nuts as well. The explorer smart screen placement with its ferrous mode being more consistent.. I can get into pretty heavy modern trash and pick out things I know where they fall.. since the same targets on the etrac may actually read differently then its going to be much harder to hunt those spots.. I bet I already dug more crown caps in 2 weeks with the etrac than I did with the explorer in the last 3 years, and those are just the ones that pop into the 10-08 range.
If you dont want to hear crown caps on the explorer it was just a very small notch on the wide open screen, and it was a spot where nothing good at all comes in, and that goes for tin can lids as well.. I think they people that hunt sites with lots of that trash are going to have to dig them.. I highly doubt anyone is going to be able to hunt wide open in these trashy spots with teh etrac, if they can god bless them

You can praise the etrac all you want, but it has significant downfalls over the explorer.. I like quite a few things about it, but cant help but think they could have made it so much better by combining the better features of both.. I still think(hope) they will come out with an Ex-trac

But I was over in the iron night before last, going very very slowly, I got a hit that would only come ion from one direction, and then only about the ti p oft eh coil.. swung faster over it from that good angle and nothing.. then did the good old wiggle.. was a solid 12-46.. nothing at all from any other angle of attack.. but really good sounding from that one little spot.. was a 59 quarter.. also picked up a couple wheats that would not hit with a faster sweep

Quote I bet I already dug more crown caps in 2 weeks with the etrac than I did with the explorer in the last 3 years, and those are just the ones that pop into the( 10-08 range.)What good targets are you looking for in 10-08 range?I was in a park that has crown caps every square foot and some time several per square ft. and in ferrous with 2 tone they all came in low tone iron and I even dug a couple of Indians and a civil ware button that went high tone and there were at least 1 or more caps in the 5" recovery plugs/holes.As a matter of fact it is impossible to hunt there with the F75 because of the caps,Ray.

I know it is based on How You HUNT and where You Hunt!

I also Know that a positive attitude is half the battle when becoming ONE with a new detector!

I also know I have not Dug a NAIL or Bottle cap sense receiving my e-trac Aug .29.... Monday will be our anniversary...

I will post an Anniversary Picture of the good stuff as well as the trash!

please understand I use mostly just the preset coin program ....conductive sound ONLY, with variability maxed ,noised canceled and

much higher Manual Sensitivity settings....deep ON , fast ON, difficult ground,High Trash.....these settings have worked

EXTREMELY well for me.....I have tested all settings in regards to hot rocks ,black sand ,target masking.....

there is still much to learn ....I have patterns to make and refine ....Gold (8.5 pounds) ,relic , W/O wide open with a touch of black...

I limit myself in every task and project......but the above settings for me are taking names and kicking TAIL......I will not cloud up my

mind or my detecting Karma until I HEAR the quiet INNER whisper to move on and Grow! In all respects I wish ALL only the very

Best......in finds ,health ,techonolgy...

Happy Trails
Jim Pugh

and now pretty much anything taht comes in anywhere above iron. trying to figure out what stuff reads... thats how I learned the explorer.. till I felt safe ignoring it.. I have gotten a couple pewter pieces and some spoon pieces that read there so far on the etrac.

I agree crown caps are a problem for most machines... The explorer definitely solved that.. and once I learn where they come on and how they sound they may not be a prob on the etrac for me, just stating a fact I hardly ever dig one on the explorer... if they stay in one place on the etrac I wont dig them with it as well, but if they pop into that 12 range I can not pass them.. pewter is a good target for us out here.. rev war buttons etc.. like I said most places I hunt dont have them anyway, but the parks and boys camps are loaded with them.. If you are in an old enough area, many cuff buttons and pewter will fall in that 08 area and I recommend you dig a few, especially if you get solid readings on them,.. with the explorer even if the target was showing in an odd area but read solid I dug it, even in trashy areas.. never know what you will find with those low ferrous targets.. I assume many small gold rings will fall there as well..
Being in MO, I would guess you have a good chance at some cw stuff even in parks if old enough or built over old areas.. hey you never know.. I have no prob cherry picking with the etrac, but until the last couple days I didnt get any of that stuff.. as you can see by my pic of finds, all that other stuff other than coins is because I started digging the lower ferrous readings as well..
I think the one pewter spoon read 05-09 by the way.. But if all your looking for is coins, then except the cu/ni 3 cent you can prob safely not dig anything below 10 ferrous and not miss many coins.. I love old coins, but also like buttons and other stuff.. and a lot of them are worth more than most coins we will find

n/t

Jim upstate NY said:
Not really.. I think it is aimed more for people coming from other mfg machines.. and maybe those that strictly hunt conductive and digital with the explorer.. Although I am thinking now that if it can see anything in iron better than the explorer(still way up in the air to me)
it will be good in more worked out spots.. the more I use mine and have started digging readings out side the 12 ferrous range the more I am seeing things read all over the screen... so with the etrac it will be indeed dig everything above iron, even in non iron sites.. or just dig the 12's and go for coins and buttons and rings.. the oddball stuff reads all over.. where there was pretty much a sweet zone in the explorer.. with the etrac if it beeps dig it.. your gonna get lots of trash but if you dont you could leave good stuff behind.

[size=medium]I am still at a loss as to why they removed multi tone from ferrous mode, the ferrous readings[/size] OK, I could live with that, but I tell you iron will spike constantly into the high tone range... having multi tone at least you get that audio response that gives more low on iron than high.. a single or couple of tones it more or less warbles high low and its a stab at what tone is trying to come through or is trying to be masked if you know what I mean...

*********************************************************************************************

Jim...........Am I mis-reading your repeated gripe about the E-Trac?( Highlighted in red).

You are complaining that there is no MULTI tones function in FERROUS sound mode.

May I respectfully refer you to page 64. AUDIO MENU.

See the illustration there, where it clearly shows MULTI.

Fire up your E-Trac

Go to AUDIO

Navigate down to the TONE ID

Open it and there is your choice...No OF TONES

Cycle throught it to MULTI................Bingo

Also choose FERROUS from the SOUNDS

Now are you happy? You have Ferrous audio with multi-tone responses

[attachment 106070 TONES.JPG]

Love your E-Trac.....Made to make you a happy chappy...........MattR.UK.

p.s...............So c'mon Jim, bring me home the bacon

He's actually complaining about the fact that the ferrous scale has been changed on the E-Trac such that many items now are lumped around a Ferrous 12 reading - meaning that there is less variability in tone when hunting in Ferrous sounds - at least during air testing. I'm not sure if it (the Ferrous axis) was remapped or expanded and nobody here has been able to tell me whether items still read in the same order as they did on the Explorer, but just a different values.