Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aftermarket Coils

Don in South Jersey said:
Anybody have an idea if we will be able to use a NEL coil of other aftermarket brands?

The Equinox takes it's own dedicated coils. The other models coils will not work on the Nox. Doesn't mean at some point there won't be some aftermarket coils available.

We'll have to wait and see if these coils are chipped like the CTX. If not, there will be a whole slew of aftermarket coils (possibly). It could be difficult to get a single coil that work with multi freq and a wide range of single freqs

Jason...... didnt i read they were? That helped to improve process i thought. Right now id say look for some high coil prices STILL...... just because ML isnt willing to give out info/tech if they do..... its going to be pricy. Only coiltek did it for the CTX......and what was the cost savings? I also have to ask...... what other size coil would you want? Kind of like when the SEF coils came out and then the Pro Coils.......what was the difference? Price in most cases.

Dew

Well, I for one absolutely have to have a small coil. The debris fields I hunt in make a larger stock size coil almost useless with the 'zillions' of pieces of cans, copper, nails, aluminum wire, etc..

Equinox has a 6" coil. Should be small enough.

As a water hunter I'd like to see something in the 8 inch range. I feel the 11" coil is a little to big and the 6" coil is a little on the small side. I've used the 6" CTX coil and really like it but a little more coverage would be nice. The Coiltek coil for the CTX could have been good but it floated. Please, no more floating coils ! I always considered the 8" coil on the CZ-21 the perfect size.

etrac is stull the FBS of choice for the coil options , ctx is a great detector but I think minelab know NOW 3rd party coils sell detectors and not just coiltek.....

AJ

yeah, it's nice to have options. Minelab will produce a 6" and 15". Some people want round coils, some want ellipse, some want intermediate or extra large sizes. Having extra coil options makes any detector more appealing. I hope minelab has paid attention to that.