Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aftermarket shafts. What you got ? Like it ?

CT Todd

Wondering what you guys have tried. Tell me what you think

For the Equinox: Plugger's - no wobble - no metal pins - tight plastic shaft locks
For the Excalibur Plugger's Over and Under. Pistol grip - no "S" shaft. Fits inside my vehicle were as the behind the elbow being almost a foot longer will not fit without adjusting the shaft down. I use of nylon bolts to hold the control and battery pods to the shaft, no metal spring pins
For traveling with the Exclaibur: Plugger's 3 piece over and under. Pistol grip - no "S" shaft. All pieces fit in my suite case. I use of nylon bolts to hold the control and battery pods to the shaft, no metal spring pins
For the DetectorPro Underwater: the Whites short dive shaft for its pistol grip. I used this shaft before the availability of Carbon Fiber shafts.

For the Garrett ATX : I am still looking for and waiting on a CF replacement shaft to hit the market.
Fit, comfort, material and strength characteristics are all met with the shafts I use. Two main features I like the most are the pistol grip and non-metal fittings.

I made my own bought a piece of carbon fiber.. Steve here on the forum makes one well priced to!
Mark

I have been putting Steve's {sgoss} thru the paces for over a year land water and yes UK's mud, absolutely no issues. He has my seal of approval.
One of my team members on my last UK hunt had another brand and it disintegrated under the abuse.
HH Jeff

I have been using Steve's Detector Rods two piece carbon fiber with counterweight. Well worth the investment. Good luck. Mark

For many detectors I'm an "S" rod guy. I modified my Nox by using a White's S rod off a DFX and I use a White's lower rod on my three Nox Coils. The White's lower rods are required because the S rod is a little smaller diameter than the Minelab rod. Center S rod is about $19 and so are the lower rods. I had to shim the S rod where it fits into the Nox rod but I did this mod about two years ago and detect about two to three times a week. No Wobble or looseness at all. The S rod on the Nox stops the torque or twist at the end of each swing, and really reduces arm strain.

I bought a complete shaft with the counter balance from Steve, one of our forum members, and couldn’t be happier! I can now swing for at least 2 more hours with the weight & balance imprivements!

I made my own by purchasing a 22mm OD x 20mm ID x 1000mm carbon shaft for under $25.00 and drilled the holes myself. Purchased a shaft connector for $13.00. Total of less than $40.00 and it works great and is very light.

I made a counter weight setup for mine as well. I used a 3/8" to 1/2" Socket adapter. Mounted the female 3/8" end in the end of the Nox rod behind the arm cuff with the Male 1/2" end sticking out. I can snap on different sized 1/2" sockets depending on how much weight I want. I have a socket that's about 3" long and 1 1/4" diameter that works well but most of the time I don't snap a socket on and just run with the adapter.

I'm now making the lower two sections of Garrett AT/Ace-series shafts, in carbon-fiber (black, and several color options), and I'm almost certain that the same shafts are used by Garrett on the GTAx, as are used on the AT-series and ACE-series detectors. If so, then I could supply you with those lower two sections (which would integrate seamlessly with your upper "S-section" of the Garrett shaft...

I have posts (including pictures) on these new shafts in the Garrett forum, and in the AT Max/AT Pro/AT Gold forum...

Thanks!

Steve

For the Equinox: Plugger's - no wobble - no metal pins - tight plastic shaft locks
For the Excalibur Plugger's Over and Under. Pistol grip - no "S" shaft. Fits inside my vehicle were as the behind the elbow being almost a foot longer will not fit without adjusting the shaft down. I use of nylon bolts to hold the control and battery pods to the shaft, no metal spring pins
For traveling with the Exclaibur: Plugger's 3 piece over and under. Pistol grip - no "S" shaft. All pieces fit in my suite case. I use of nylon bolts to hold the control and battery pods to the shaft, no metal spring pins
For the DetectorPro Underwater: the Whites short dive shaft for its pistol grip. I used this shaft before the availability of Carbon Fiber shafts.

For the Garrett ATX : I am still looking for and waiting on a CF replacement shaft to hit the market.
Fit, comfort, material and strength characteristics are all met with the shafts I use. Two main features I like the most are the pistol grip and non-metal fittings.

Hi Todd, Bruce from YTC here. I have two of Plugger’s CF shafts. The first was an early - first design of his. The CF insert between the upper and middle rods would rotate with the torque from use. The control head would rotate out of alignment very quickly with a few good swings, particularly quicker in the water. Contacted him and he sent an updated shaft utilizing an aluminum rivet to keep the shaft insert from rotating free of the epoxy. I also think he changed out the type of epoxy. I’ve modded the first shaft with a rivet so now I’m ready to get a second equinox. There was no trouble with the original ML shaft, I got a good one. For the little weight savings and his shaft locks and that CF doesn't blister and lose it’s finish like aluminum I was going with his product anyway. Plugger is a person who backs up what he produces.

I got the Plugger's one piece shaft. I liked that he customized the placement points for how tall I was vice just buying something "off the shelf". Have had no issues with it, and it is even better now that I've paired it up with Detect-Ed carbon fiber lower shafts. I could have just as easily went with Steve's shafts though, but he wasn't making any when I bought. Anderson's was out for me, but now I can't remember why I discounted them...maybe because I'm 6'4" with arms that can scratch my ankles standing up and needed customization 😂😂

The ATX is quite a different detector from the ATPro/Gold/Max detectors. Your shafts look great, love the rid and blue versions. If only they would fit to the ATX detector.
Thanks for the note. .jpg

I'm now making the lower two sections of Garrett AT/Ace-series shafts, in carbon-fiber (black, and several color options), and I'm almost certain that the same shafts are used by Garrett on the GTAx, as are used on the AT-series and ACE-series detectors. If so, then I could supply you with those lower two sections (which would integrate seamlessly with your upper "S-section" of the Garrett shaft...

I have posts (including pictures) on these new shafts in the Garrett forum, and in the AT Max/AT Pro/AT Gold forum...

Thanks!

Steve