Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All metal hunting.

Hammered Again

Hi all can anyone give me a bit of info on which do you think the best performing sov is when using it in the all metal mode.All answer most greatfully received.

Hammered,we have a couple hunters here that can help.I usually search in disc. mode only.Good Luck Ron

I just saw this post.

The true all metal mode of the Sov GT ( digital Ground Tracking) was specifically designed to be an improvement on the prior Sov versions, and it is indeed very stable even in bands of black sand. You can hear the ground noise if your coil control is lacking; if you are pushing the sensitivity, you would think that you are using a good pulse machine. The pinpoint mode is also excellent, but the Sov GT all metal mode is the crown jewel.

HH

Charles

Hammered
I've gotten god results from the X2. It just seems to be the most stable. I've used it in all metal with the WOT coil and a meter to get silver dimes at 2" in sand. You can get very accurate too by listening for how the signal:
1/sounds in relation to the background.
2/ carries to the surface.
3/ size and shape.
Great edge machine chestmounted.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Thank for the info on the all metal mode i think i will try that out.

I have a Sovereign XS and it will take you down into the good shovel and pick range with the standard 8 inch coinsearch coil.I have an excellerator coil that is 11 inches and it will give your back and your shovel a work out. What i like is its ability to Null out iron in the Disc mode with notch and disc set to zero. Just run threshhold to where its audible. The threshhold will drop off when going over an iron target.Doing this you will still get the variable tones on other metals. Or... you can run it in all metal but then it has no varying tones.

mike k. said:
you used excal 2 with a meter ??

I think he meant Xs2, a early sovereign.