Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All Metal Mode All The Time?

Smack

Is there a way to keep the CTX in All Metal Mode other than pushing the button. I would like to hunt in the water at times using all metal as I think it can see deeper in that mode. However my finger gets tired of holding the little button in. Can it be selected to the personalized button pad on the face of the detector or is there another solution.

Thanks
Smack

Smack,

Do a search for gonehunting's combined mode. It has minimal disc in P1 and none in P2.

Alternatively, you can edit one of the existing modes on the machine and remove the disc. There is no need to hold down the pinpoint button all the time.

Go to Active Discrimination Pattern 2 and it is wide open except the bottom line FE35. If you don't want that line discriminated out, just accept that line, save and load it to your CTX if you are in EX2. Now with the push of the search button, you can have either discrimination or an open screen.

I just read in the owners manual that Relic mode, pattern2 is all metal so no adjustments are necessary if you load Relic mode and select P2.

I also have a V3i and they describe "all metal" mode as a non-motion mode -- no sweeping required. Does the same thing apply when you are using an open screen without discrimination?

I think All Metal search is motion mode and Pinpoint is non motion mode.

Larry (IL) said:
I think All Metal search is motion mode and Pinpoint is non motion mode.

That is what I remember, so that is why having a open screen and sweeping is not really the same as holding the pinpoint trigger which puts the CTX in all metal, non-motion mode. Or am I missing something?

I don't think you are missing anything, if you want to hunt in All Metal, go to P2. If you are hunting, you are moving the coil anyway and you can still pinpoint a target if you want in non motion, but like Smack, I sure wouldn't want to hunt in pinpoint mode.

Larry (IL) said:
I don't think you are missing anything, if you want to hunt in All Metal, go to P2. If you are hunting, you are moving the coil anyway and you can still pinpoint a target if you want in non motion, but like Smack, I sure wouldn't want to hunt in pinpoint mode.

Me neither. :cheers:

Open your screen wide open and let her roll. In doing so you'll hear every nail, horse shoe, bullet, etc. The factory relic program is a good one to run in a farm field.

Thanks for the advice. I usually hunt with a wide open screen but noticed that if I place a dime at 8 inches it may not "hit" on the open screen, but will hit if I push the pinpoint button. I know on the excal II that I can find deeper targets with the dial turned from discrimination to Pinpoint.

It makes me think then that when in pinpoint I can see deeper. The signal return goes through the processor and gives the ID numbers, but must skip the discrimination filter, or does it actually see deeper? Not sure how they have engineered it. I just don't want to have to hold the button all the time but sure like finding those really deep targets. Maybe it is not possible to do it with the CTX.

Smack.

Hi Smack

You`re so right about that. There is no real all metal mode on the Ctx, but you could always use the "Hold pinpoint" function. I really miss the prospecting mode on my X-terra, it should be a easy fix in the software on the Ctx. (if Minelab want to listen too us at least once a year, but I doubt they would)

Good question, as it certainly applies to my Excalibur, in pinpoint mode it surely gets added depth. I hint that way all the time and pop to low disc for eval. Not sure how that applies to tje CTX.

if you want to hunt in pinpoint all the time, set your pinpoint to on when ever it is switched on. Turn it off my toggling the switch again.

If your in the field and want a true All Metal you can select Relic mode Pattern 2. It's a true AM pattern. Then just select whatever response/audio you prefer. Save it as a new mode if you like it! On the beach I like pitch hold, normal response, combined audio!

The way to keep pinpoint on is to go into universal settings and edit. At the bottom right you will see pinpoint lock. Place a check mark there and transfer back to the CTX. The way it works is press the pinpoint button to start and then press the button to stop pinpointing. No holding required.