Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ALL of my silver finds in 2015....

jughed440

This is it folks.. '42, and '42 S Mercs...:blush:...at least i didn't get skunked...:super: Found some wheats and a few Indians too.

Sorry to embarrass the E-Trac family. But i have the excuse that the # of hunts i did this year can all be counted on one hand. Too much work and no time to play. Hopefully i can make up for it next season, but it will be tough with a metal building going up on the property in Spring (that's when i do most hunting).

Merry Christmas to everyone, and HH!!!

Hey don't feel bad! A couple silvers are better than no silvers.

From the little detecting i did this year, i only dug up 4 silvers. There's always next year! :heh:

Harold said:
Don't worry as a lot these 2-300 silver a year guys are telling ghost stories!

As my Son used to say "Dad that is Bull Poo Poo." I most likely hunt as much as anybody and I feel lucky to get a Silver a Month. I probably average 5 Wheats a Week though. My big finds are Nickles. Seems like all the other Hunters before me passed them up. I know of at least 6 here in my Small Town that were avid hunters. This does not include my Neighbor.

Sooper Dave said:
Nice Mercs. Good luck on getting that building up so you can get more play time in next year.

Thanks. Shouldn't take the pros long to put it up, i'll have to do everything else..(time & $$). BUT, retirement is 2 only yrs away...woohoo...no more excuses not to hunt.

Work seems to keep a lot of us out of the field more than we like - congrats on the Merc's !

daddyflea said:
Harold said:
Don't worry as a lot these 2-300 silver a year guys are telling ghost stories!

As my Son used to say "Dad that is Bull Poo Poo." I most likely hunt as much as anybody and I feel lucky to get a Silver a Month. I probably average 5 Wheats a Week though. My big finds are Nickles. Seems like all the other Hunters before me passed them up. I know of at least 6 here in my Small Town that were avid hunters. This does not include my Neighbor.

Here's my take, right wrong or somewhere between.
As with a lot of things its primarily location, location, location.... especially with finding silver coins in a public park or fairgrounds.
I think its possible for one to find 100+ silver coins a season but the planets, stars and the moon have to be all in alignment along with persistence among other factors.

Some of the other factors i think pertaining to digging up 100+ silvers a season in public parks/fairgrounds are:
-Population of metal detectorists in the vicinity with hi-end detectors

-Number of virgin sites never or lightly previously hunted with only low end detectors. Public parks are usually the 1st place newbies search.

-Frequency in which one hunts. Serious everyday hunters and willing to travel can definitely rack up the silver. No doubt about it, Its a numbers game.

-Research. Ain't gonna find silver coins in a modern 10 yr. old park. Maybe jewelry but not silver coins.

-Mastering a specific detector enough to develop an instinct to dig iffies or not.

-The degree a park has been pounded. Here's where mastering a detector and instinct really come into play.

-Last but not least, pure and simple...... dumb LUCK

Through research, I stumbled onto a semi-virgin turn on the Century park years ago and pulled a few dozen silver coins out of it including many many Barbers and mercs. There's some still out there but quickly dwindling as more and more get into detecting not to mention more and more parks becoming off limits to detecting.

Thanks for sharing. Maybe you'll get to hunt more text year.

NebTrac

It all about the location. if there is no silver there it does not matter how good you are or what detector you are using. I found only 18 silvers this year but went to a lot of different places. My buddy found around 100 silvers this year. But he is very good at the Etrac and hits a lot of sites. I found 13 last year and ended up with 5 more this year. Next year you might find 30.Good luck hunting

NebTrac said:
Thanks for sharing. Maybe you'll get to hunt more text year.

NebTrac

Thanks!!..i'll make more time.

nalc472 said:
It all about the location. if there is no silver there it does not matter how good you are or what detector you are using. I found only 18 silvers this year but went to a lot of different places. My buddy found around 100 silvers this year. But he is very good at the Etrac and hits a lot of sites. I found 13 last year and ended up with 5 more this year. Next year you might find 30.Good luck hunting

The few times that i MD'ed this year i stuck close to home and those Mercs came from a couple of heavily hunted nearby sites...it goes to show that NO site should be considered over hunted. Quite a few hunts have yielded more silver than found in all of 2015, but the better sites are 30-45 minutes away and i couldn't find the time to hit 'em.
I have a few new sites lined up for next year including an 1860's church site. Gotta hit that place before the prairie grass gets too tall.