Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Always look!

jkline

While hunting buddy Ronstar was trying to put venison in the freezer, I decided to go to a usual haunt. A block a way, I stopped to chat with a friend taking a walk, then a friend of hers walked by-- my friend said to her friend, 'you should let him detect your yard!" She was down with that, but warned it had already been detected and that the dude found an IHP there.

A 20x20 yard, and I started doing my thing with the etrac and Elmy's 1-10 program. 11 wheats, a playmoney dime and a Rosie later, I was done.

All of the coins were 3" or less-- I could pinpoint them with the carrot before digging, they were that shallow. Most were literally surface finds.

Went home and was surprised that what I thought was a partially tarnished clad rosie was a slightly corroded silver Rosie. 1" deep. All coins dated to the 50's.

Always check!

Funny thing is, the deepest coin at 7" was an 80's Rosie.

I wonder if the previous detectorist was only going for deep signals-- hard to say. I don't really care about pennies and nickels, but nobody wants to leave silver on the table. Just because it's shallow, doesn't mean it's clad!

Attachments

• 20211105_165746.jpg
    20211105_165746.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Nice 20 x 20 piece of turf. I am often literally amazed how frequently old coins are so shallow and new ones so deep. Oh, and how frequently a wheat cent turns into a Memorial cent on the way home. Nothing to do with old eyes, I'm sure. Good on the silver and wheats. HH jim tn

No venison either…….
But did get to see the south end of a north bound whitetail twice!!!
Leave to Jeff to just stumble into opportunity……Good job!!!