Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Am i going to regret buying the Deus 2

Still waiting for the Deus 2.
Seems like the updates screwed things up.
Watching paystreak videos and the tones turned to crap and sharpshooter video showing tid not always showing up. Hope they can fix these problems.
If the Deus wasn't light and wireless I probably would have bought a legend for 1/2 the price.
What do you all think about the updates?

Watching paystreak videos and the tones turned to crap and sharpshooter video showing tid not always showing up. Hope they can fix these problems.
If the Deus wasn't light and wireless I probably would have bought a legend for 1/2 the price.
What do you all think about the updates? So far, mine seems to be running ok after reapplying the update dated for 03/11/22……The D2 is really growing on me for my beach hunts……It truly is a beast there…. It seems to me that I’m recovering deeper targets….Let me just say it’s giving me a serious workout!

I was a long time D1 user. Got the D2 and love it! Sure there may be a minor bug or two to work out but I can't imagine anyone who wants top performance from their detector in nearly every environment would be disappointed. I have seen no problems with the update. I bought the D2 hoping it would bring some new life to my old worn out sites and I have not been disappointed in the least.

I'm receiving mine soon. I'll hold off on the updates a bit. I'm not too worried about it, I have the D! and it's a great machine. Looks like the Legend needs updates also.

Did you drink the kool aid too? Not laughing at you, laughing with you.

After spending about 50 hours on it it's an average overpriced detector. The only plus is the recovery speed. I used the think I dug a lot of trash with the nox but the deus 2 puts that to shame.
Yes I agree I have dug a lot of trash as well. I sure hope it will get better. An update maybe? This is my first Deus.

Yes I agree I have dug a lot of trash as well. I sure hope it will get better. An update maybe? This is my first Deus.
I think it’s funny!……I’m finding myself digging the same amount of trash as I did with my Equinox…The difference I’m finding is that my D2 seems to do a much better job at eliminating bottle caps…..Another thing I’m noticing is that it appears to be deeper at the beach. No doubt about it that I’m working much harder with my scoop!……I’ve been using Minelabs for years too…. I’m clearly seeing a difference….. This D2 thing has something special in it.

After spending about 50 hours on it it's an average overpriced detector. The only plus is the recovery speed. I used the think I dug a lot of trash with the nox but the deus 2 puts that to shame.
I have used mine about 5 hours and it had the 5 version and it seemed to struggle on deeper targets I tried all the factory settings and signals were very broken not clean nice sounding ?
I just updated it so I'll take it out again.
Mark

If you live near the Texas Gulf Coast, you will hate it. Please sell it the moment it arrives.

If you don't live near the Texas Gulf Coast, yes you will regret the purchase if you don't actually use it and find out what it can do. At some point one has to learn a detector and quit relying on all youtube videos and forum comments. Videos and comments should be nothing more than parameters. Use those parameters if needed and create your own sweet spot.

First time out I found 3 Wheat Cents in one hour in a spot I hunted before. This area has a lot of rusty iron crown caps and I did not dig one. Aluminum Screw Caps - I did dig a few.
One cent was 96 years old, Too bad I had to leave early. Weather has been too cold and unfavorable since then for any real follow up hunt.
I have a lot to learn on this machine but I was impressed on how it was working and what I perceive as extra depth.
I think it shows a lot of promise.
If you are going to get negative vibes about any new machine right out the gate chances are you will not have the patience and stick-to-it mentality to learn the unit properly.

I have yet to buy a detector new to me that I don’t dig a lot of trash at first. It’s part of paying the dues to learn the detector, don’t you think? What fun would it be to buy a detector that was so brilliant that you didn’t have to use your brain to use? To me, that is the lion’s share of the fun-figuring it out and finding success. The actual items dug up are secondary for me. The challenge is the fun!

Well the Deus 2 is on the way next week. I do like learning another detector. CTX is great but heavy.
And yea you are going to always dig trash. In NJ there is tons of iron and that's what I'm hoping the Deus will cut thru better than my other detectors.
Thanks for the input I will let you all know how it works out in some old 1700s spots I have.

First time out I found 3 Wheat Cents in one hour in a spot I hunted before. This area has a lot of rusty iron crown caps and I did not dig one. Aluminum Screw Caps - I did dig a few.
One cent was 96 years old, Too bad I had to leave early. Weather has been too cold and unfavorable since then for any real follow up hunt.
I have a lot to learn on this machine but I was impressed on how it was working and what I perceive as extra depth.
I think it shows a lot of promise.
If you are going to get negative vibes about any new machine right out the gate chances are you will not have the patience and stick-to-it mentality to learn the unit properly.
I will have the patience for it as long as it performs the way it should.

I waited over 2 months for mine with a 9" coil. I have had it for a week now and it has not left the house. Too busy around the house cleaning up tree branches. I had 33 pine trees removed from my back yard and now I have to make the yard look good again.