Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Amazing Luck

ramer

I was picking walnuts in a park in upstate New York. I had to meet a friend at 6 PM and it was only 5 PM and I was done picking walnuts. I had time to kill, about 30 minutes to be exact. Here I am in this 700 acre park, 80 percent which is heavily wooded and full of hills and valleys. So I am driving around and randomly pull over and decide to detect in a remote area. I walk into the woods about 40 feet, turn on my detector, walk about 5 feet. I got a good signal, dug it. There it was, a 1936 half dollar. Out of the 700 acres I happened upon this particular spot and got a walking liberty on my very first dig. Amazing luck indeed.

Amazing luck, what else could it be. Congradulations. Did u consider getting a lottery ticket on the way home.

Congratulations on such a great find! I'd love to find one. I had one that my parents gave me and I gave it to my niece. Then when she got into college I find out she is pursuing some BS social justice degree. She posted some illogical things on facebook and when I pointed out the facts, she unfriended me. Wish I had that pure silver walker back!

I sure wish I had found it!! The larger silver coins i.e. half's and silver dollars are very difficult to find anymore. A great find!

Maybe go back and find some gold?! Sweet find!

I also am thankful for all of God's blessings. I am thankful to Him for such a wonderful hobby I am involved in and for the finds it sometimes brings me. Sounds like you've had pretty good successful finds yourself. Congradulations for sure and good luck with future detecting.

last one of those i found was back in 1973 that seems more than luck, some divine guidance

Good find there Ramer! That NY soil is so kind to silver. I think that I would hunt that park more often. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Super nice Walker! Better get crackin' You have a lot of work ahead of you: 8" - 10" size coil / 700 acres. :rofl:

You have an amazing memory Gunnar.

kaolinwasher said:
last one of those i found was back in 1973 that seems more than luck, some divine guidance

Congrats on the amazing silver find!!!

Sounds like a life membership to me!!!

earthlypotluck said:
Super nice Walker! Better get crackin' You have a lot of work ahead of you: 8" - 10" size coil / 700 acres. :rofl: