Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Amphibian vehicle at an American Legion Hall..

Ron J

I have driven by this thing a few times, and finally stopped to take some shots. This thing is actually riveted like a ship. It is located in North Hampton, N.H.
Rj:usaflag:

Do you know the history of this amphibian vehicle? I have never seen one like this one before. Thanks for sharing. Kelley (Texas) :)

I have never seen one like this either, but it looks very interesting. THanks for sharing.

Never seen anything like that before,with ultra wide tracks and i cannot see any form of external water propulsion from the rear i am thinking its more of a snow biased machine used in say polar regions,of course i could be totally wrong but if it was Amphinian you would not need as wide tracks but you would for snow.

You may be correct , but I would think you would want it built of a lighter material for snow. It is made of heavy metal, Steel from the looks of it, and riveted appearing for water tightness. There may have been different Tracks, for water propulsion ? Either way, I would not want to test it in water.
RJ:usaflag:

Looks like it may be a Russian Vehicle, hence the single star......nge

Just what you need to drive in Houston's traffic !!!! Bring on the 5:00 wonder's and the rain !