Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Analyze continues to amaze me

BHNugget

Not that it takes too much to amaze me:biggrin: I was at aschool close by last night and got a hit.Switched to the analyze screen and got the classic camel humps but all the lines were slightly jagged.I figured by the lines it was junk,but dug it just to make sure.The V3 analyze was right,gotta love this machine:thumbup: (no the penny wasnt in the hole,just the tack)

Gotta Love it! I've had that happen several times to me already and the V has yet to "get it wrong"!

To a point I believe.The depth and size indications are the main reasons I dug it.Im no expert with deep targets so I cant say they should remain smooth with deeper targets but most all of my finds have come with smooth lines on the analyze screen.

That is what I'm seeing on a very consistent basis. I have yet to dig a good target with a "bad" analyze screen and visa versa. Keep in mind that I only have about 20hrs of hunting with the V under my belt, but I feel the best feature(if I had to pick just one) of the V is the analyze screen.

Eric, sorry I guess I read your question wrong.I was guessing by the jagged lines of the camel hump lines that the target was junk.On most worthwhile targets in my experience the lines of the humps are completely smooth not jagged,although with most junk I come across will give jagged lines that arent even close to being "camel humps".Im also in the same boat as duclaw.Ive had my V3 for about a month but most of my detecting has been experimenting with the prospecting mode which appears promising.

duclaw said:
I have yet to dig a good target with a "bad" analyze screen and visa versa.

I'm still doing a lot of "dig it just to be sure", but I've dug plenty of pulltabs and bottle caps that had beautiful analyze screens.

robertk said:
duclaw said:
I have yet to dig a good target with a "bad" analyze screen and visa versa.

I'm still doing a lot of "dig it just to be sure", but I've dug plenty of pull tabs and bottle caps that had beautiful analyze screens.

Please understand that when I say "bad"(hence the reason for the quote) I am not simply referring to the wave lines being smooth with nice humps. Other factors IMO play a huge role as well. Size of the target and which frequency is the strongest are significant factors as well. Just like most aspects of the V, numerous factors play a role in determining a good target for a bad one. It a test garden setup I must admit I was fooled once, but that was by an old "beaver tail" type pull tab....it looks very similar to a nice ring hit. I run in to those tabs so infrequently that it is not a big concern of mine.

duclaw said:
It a test garden setup I must admit I was fooled once, but that was by an old "beaver tail" type pull tab....it looks very similar to a nice ring hit. I run in to those tabs so infrequently that it is not a big concern of mine.

I hear ya -- I searched an old swimming hole the other day that had a bunch of those things lying around. (I only found one piece of costume jewelry and three coins there, too, which made it all the more frustrating. I was told by one of the people who used to swim there that he wasn't surprised there weren't many coins because "back in those days, nobody ever had any money.")

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,936081,936628#msg-936628

Here`s one with a "bad" analyze screen you dont want to pass up.

Isn't that the truth. Although not perfect, the analyze screen is a welcome tool. Just goes to show that on the beach....even tot lots, dig everything and I wouldn't even bother to look at the analyze screen.

Harness buckles and such show a bad analize screen too.

J