Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another 3 hole hunt

Jeff in Pa

I headed back out to this large area I have hit hard before. I have found mostly mercs and lots of them here. I have the occasional standing or walker but mostly mercs. This is no big deal but I figured I would post it since I am off work and getting bored some.
First target was junk. Was hoping for a ring but you all know how many holes you dig for a ring. I will usually dig one or 2 hoping then I give up and go for the targets I feel I can count on. Second hole was again a good 9 inches. My carrot was butt deep in the hole. I thought I could have a dime but the high ferrous number had me curious. Well below the merc was a large chunk of iron. 3rd was just a nickel. Tomorrow is all rain here. No hunting for me.
I hope all of you here are getting out there having fun!

Attachments

• IMG_1585350904611.JPEG
    IMG_1585350904611.JPEG
    152.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1585350904859.JPEG
    IMG_1585350904859.JPEG
    156 KB · Views: 147
I'm curious...why only 3 holes AND are you being highly selective as to when/what you'll dig???

I'm curious...why only 3 holes AND are you being highly selective as to when/what you'll dig???

Most times I get out I only have maybe an hour to hunt before it gets dark. I am selective because of the time I have and I just don't care to dig junk targets. The Etrac is a very good coin machine, many people still say it's the best machine for coins especially if you want to be selective with what you dig.
It's just the way I prefer to hunt.

Most times I get out I only have maybe an hour to hunt before it gets dark. I am selective because of the time I have and I just don't care to dig junk targets. The Etrac is a very good coin machine, many people still say it's the best machine for coins especially if you want to be selective with what you dig.
It's just the way I prefer to hunt.
I totally agree you Jeff...you can set the etrac for exactly what coin you want to dig and even skip the top layer of dirt and only dig the deep ones if you want.
I have not been out since February, had a great hunt then, due to weather and the stay at home order so I have had time to work up some new patterns and settings that have amazed me in my test area at home.
I can't wait to get out and post some of the finds using these in the field.