Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Darn Bottle Cap or Pull Top Signal at the Beach, Surprise, Surprise!!!

buckeeeee

At the beach this morning another 14 VDI, do I dig it or not, Ah, what the heck what's another bottle cap or pull tab my pouch is already half full with them. Well Suprise, Surprise just a 18k (maybe 21k or 22k, no acid test for) with a ruby or sapphire, tested 18k but color looks more like 21k or 22k. Stamped but I have no idea what it means. Anybody have any thoughts or comments?? 20210822_090354.jpgScreenshot_20210822-090725_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210826-123354_Gallery.jpg

At the beach this morning another 14 VDI, do I dig it or not, Ah, what the heck what's another bottle cap or pull tab my pouch is already half full with them. Well Suprise, Surprise just a 18k (maybe 21k or 22k, no acid test for) with a ruby or sapphire, tested 18k but color looks more like 21k or 22k. Stamped but I have no idea what it means. Anybody have any thoughts or comments??View attachment 18448View attachment 18449View attachment 18450
It looks like an abbreviated dedication. No more brand?

To DD and some brands that does not look good K ? M

At the beach this morning another 14 VDI, do I dig it or not, Ah, what the heck what's another bottle cap or pull tab my pouch is already half full with them. Well Suprise, Surprise just a 18k (maybe 21k or 22k, no acid test for) with a ruby or sapphire, tested 18k but color looks more like 21k or 22k. Stamped but I have no idea what it means. Anybody have any thoughts or comments??View attachment 18448View attachment 18449View attachment 18450
Can’t help with the markings, but looks like high karat gold to me also…
Very nice find!!!
Makes you want to dig more of those signals doesn’t it?🤣😂

Dig it all at the beach

I know there is a book that has all most all the foreign stampings illustrated. But as suggested it almost looks in-scripted as well. I have access to a rock/mineral/gem store here that often will look at the stone for free and simply advise if real or not. I’ve had a real nice Australian Opal resized and cleaned up for the wife and that Tiffany 925 I found I had cleaned and the nicks smoothed out so I do some business with them as they were kind to me. My suggestion is take it to a professional and get it at least cleaned and initial assessment done. Then get the quote on getting it appraised if you think its worth knowing more.
Example: Tiffany silver= free. $30 to have cleaned and buffed out. Appraised value $150

Dig it all at the beach
The Nox has made it a lot easier to recognize junk for me. I have learned to listen to the sound and tone and combine that with the VDI. I don't like to dig iffy signals. I think of it this way, if I don't dig it I will never know what it is, but if I dig it and its junk I feel I wasted my time. I hardly ever dig a VDI of 1(always foil), I might scratch the surface, but I usually just walk away.

I know there is a book that has all most all the foreign stampings illustrated. But as suggested it almost looks in-scripted as well. I have access to a rock/mineral/gem store here that often will look at the stone for free and simply advise if real or not. I’ve had a real nice Australian Opal resized and cleaned up for the wife and that Tiffany 925 I found I had cleaned and the nicks smoothed out so I do some business with them as they were kind to me. My suggestion is take it to a professional and get it at least cleaned and initial assessment done. Then get the quote on getting it appraised if you think its worth knowing more.
Example: Tiffany silver= free. $30 to have cleaned and buffed out. Appraised value $150
I think Draco is correct, it does look like some sort of dedication to someone. I go to many beaches in my area and see the same people each morning, walking, running or walking dogs. One person who I see is a jeweler and he always asks about my finds. I showed him this ring and he said it was a high quality setting, definitely a ruby, at least 18k, but more than likely 21k. The wife has claimed the ring which is good because as we all know happy wife, happy life.