Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another first for me

jkline

Ronstar and I got up early, headed to a usual haunt. Trying to beat the heat, but couldn't avoid the forest fire smoke. Additionally, been having a slow spell, so really wanted to dig some silver.

Took the Nox for a walk. Very first signal (park 1) a 24. "Cool, a wheetie", I thought. Out popped a Merc. After a little jig, six feet away I got a 23 very iffy one way signal. Out pops a silver looking disk with two holes-- wtf is this? I look closer and my eyes pop out-- a seated quarter! I had to leave the honey hole-- sprinklers turned on. Came back, and 3' from the seated, out pops a Rosie.

The Merc and seated were at 5". The Rosie was at 10". How does that work? The seated is really worn, the date is '18-8. I think I see a five, but can't really tell. Ronstar found silver too, so it was a great day!

Honestly, I really don't like the Nox too much, but it finds coins. My biggest beef is how easy it is to miss dimes, in our conditions. They are almost always what I would call on my ctx/etrac an iffy signal. The seated would not been an almost walk away signal with my other MLs. Anyway, I don't hate it, just don't like it much, but proof is in the pudding.

Attachments

• 20210710_103903.jpg
    20210710_103903.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
Thanks, Ted. Dimes were both weak, which is my main complaint with the Nox. I'm not sure if they were on edge, the way the came out of the hole. The seated... just a one way signal, 360 degrees. Weird. That coin means alot to me-- the stories it could tell.

Way to go on the Seated and Mercs!!
This is the beauty or magic if you will of the Equinox. You are doing a great job with it 👍

Thanks, Ted. Dimes were both weak, which is my main complaint with the Nox. I'm not sure if they were on edge, the way the came out of the hole. The seated... just a one way signal, 360 degrees. Weird. That coin means alot to me-- the stories it could tell.
Curious as to your settings on the Equinox.

You had a great hunt…man that Seated coin is very worn, but still a very nice find.
I have had a few instances where silver dimes were iffy signals, but not many.
Yesterday while detecting around an old house I found a silver quarter that did not even read up as high as 30.
Later on I got over a target that read 32-33, and it turned out to be a clad quarter…I thought surely I was over a silver quarter or maybe even a silver half.
I was in Red clay soil and believe this had some effect on my signals.

Thanks fw. I feel your pain. I had two clad dimes register in the 30's. I even whipped my cell phone out to witness the unveiling. Lol. Where I'm at, I pretty much dig everything 22 and up.

My settings are park1, Andy S. Though sometimes I do stock park2 or field1. I'll switch between FE1 and FE2 (4/6), but it doesn't seem to matter that much, that I can tell anyway.

Not really sure how much settings matter: it seems to me that iffy signals are iffy on all modes (excluding gold) and good ones are good.

I wonder if somebody used this as a button-- the two holes, or if they were 'shaving' silver?

Good day you had, too. A very well worn Seated quarter is still a great find.

I haven't had my Nox to long, but I'm not experiencing what you are with dimes. Not sure about your Seated quarter reading, but it does have very heavy wear and possibly may have been on edge??? Glad you dug it. HH jim tn

Nice finds I had a 1823 capped bust dime this year only about 4” down in a school yard and a 1917walker same yard that was all of 10”!
Mark

Hey!!!! I had a hat on!!!!!!! Oh, the silver……. But you are correct, just one can make the day feel good and more than one is euphoria.

Congrats on that seated quarter! Nabbing 3 silvers is good hunting any day.

I know what you mean about the Nox it is great on the beach but i don't care that much for it on land, make sure you have the latest up date on the nox it did help with the problem of not locating silver dimes on edge. I love my Deus in the parks but don't like it on the beach.