Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Great Find

jeffc

I must first begin by thanking Mud for the inspiration today. Yesterday, a beautiful crucifix. Today, this beauty was retrieved at about 8" down and 15 ft off of the dunes. The chain is 14kt and the coin was minted in honor of the new constitution for the Bahamas. Total weight of 28g. I don't know what to say...

It was just one of those days...

HH

JC

That is one heavy gold chain and I assume gold $10 coin! WOW!!! ....Dang....my laptop screen is all wet with saliva now!!:thumbup:

What You didn't have a heart attack when that came out of the sand? I think that a find like that might be more than my old ticker could bear. Congratulations on an Outstanding Find. That will be very hard to top.

George

It was more disbelief than anything. I would pull it out of my pouch every so often and have a pinch me moment.

Wow. Just Wow.
and of course, Congrats!

(can you remember how it sounded and the tid?)

Congrats Jeff!
BTW, I took the DF out for a spin last weekend and dug some DEEP holes.. Nothin like that in them, but thanks for the inspiration!

That's a Beauty!! And I love the cross from yesterday!! Great place t live and hunt..:thumbup:

A solid 12-24 with a nice flutey tone. I saw the coin, reached down to retrieve it from the hole, and the chain was in the side wall. I looked at it and said, "no, I don't find things like this." I suppose every squirrel finds a nut, eventually.

SYL

Your day is coming. I went nearly two years without finding yellow. Just keep pluggin away.

The gold gods certainly made up for those 2 empty years.....that now is one sweet ticket. Congrats.

Whaaaaa! :surprised::drool::puke::yikes: Aint that a Peach!:clapping: That there is a real chain! Great find, especially that deep and where it was at...Outstanding!
CONGRATULATIONS!:beers:
You were working the dry sand dune slope off to the side of the main beach? Higher up from the water? Going by the date on the coin, not that its a 100% tell...it was lost sometime in the 70's when people had some money and gold was not too expensive...:shrug: What are the dates on the other coins nearby, and what did the trash in that area say? If you can 'pattern' that location and trash/coins...you may very well get right onto another! Very cool..this one will get some eyeballs on it!

Thanks for the inspiration you provided us! Those 2 dry years, hunting hard with the right gear, + persistance!:please: Now you got something to hang that crucifix on! Man! What a beauty!
Mud

jeffc said:
I looked at it and said, "no, I don't find things like this." I suppose every squirrel finds a nut, eventually.

Super find, what a chain, still waiting for one that nice!

Cliff

Mud

It was the picture of your chain that led me to it. Again, thanks. And yes, I have been working the slope for the last month or so. This area has produced some great finds. Not sure if this is a semi-fresh drop or has been resting for a while. Nearly all of the coins recovered are 1990s and newer. This was discovered after finding three quarters in a small area. I usually scan a small area after locating a few coins or even bottle caps. Heading back out today in hopes of discovering some more goodies. Plenty more real estate to explore.

Cupajo said:
Great find!!:clapping:thumbup::

Congrats,

CJ

Thanks, CJ. I am just a shadow in your sunshine. I love seeing your finds. In fact, I have been waiting on the next poat. Although, I am certain the weather has not been too detector-friendly as of late. HH

JC