Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another hunt with the 6" coil produces

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Left my machine geared up from the last hunt and hit a cabin site today. Nails pottery and bricks in every shovel in about a 40 ft circle. switched back to field 2 maxed the sensitivity and toyed with recovery in the 5 to 6 range. Pulled a 36 cal ball, some smaller shot sized balls. a nice one piece soldered loop and a civil war period General Service Eagle coat button .
Happy Thanksgiving Jeff

Attachments

• 20201126_151311.jpg
    20201126_151311.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 20201126_151514.jpg
    20201126_151514.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 113
Very nice!

Left my machine geared up from the last hunt and hit a cabin site today. Nails pottery and bricks in every shovel in about a 40 ft circle. switched back to field 2 maxed the sensitivity and toyed with recovery in the 5 to 6 range. Pulled a 36 cal ball, some smaller shot sized balls. a nice one piece soldered loop and a civil war period General Service Eagle coat button .
Happy Thanksgiving Jeff
Looking good, congratulations

Happy Thanksgiving Jeff
Those are some nice finds. Sometimes finding relics are just as cool as finding old coins

Happy Thanksgiving Jeff
Left my machine geared up from the last hunt and hit a cabin site today. Nails pottery and bricks in every shovel in about a 40 ft circle. switched back to field 2 maxed the sensitivity and toyed with recovery in the 5 to 6 range. Pulled a 36 cal ball, some smaller shot sized balls. a nice one piece soldered loop and a civil war period General Service Eagle coat but

Happy Thanksgiving Jeff
I saw on the today's finds forum, this was about a 1 hour hunt. I'd take that ratio of keepers any time! Well done!

I know what you mean. I've got a spot I return to every year when it gets tilled up. It's pretty big and I shotgun around it with the exception of one little 20x10 strip that's given up a few seated dimes, Indians, and V's. Low and slow there and every year there's a prize.

I know what you mean. I've got a spot I return to every year when it gets tilled up. It's pretty big and I shotgun around it with the exception of one little 20x10 strip that's given up a few seated dimes, Indians, and V's. Low and slow there and every year there's a prize.
You've got the "drill" down pat, Mike! :thumbup:

Iowa Dale

Thanks Mike, the funny thing is I didn't cover much ground just focused on a 30 foot area. This wasn't my first trip to this site so I knew where I wanted to concentrate.
Nice find's, Jeff! I know you know your s**t !! It's always a pleasure to hunt with you!

Iowa Dale

Happy Thanksgiving Jeff
Nice finds Jeff.

Nice find Jeff sounds exactly like the settings I use..
Mark

Great finds, looks like you had fun also.

I love those civil war buttons. Always get me excited to see one in the dirt. Makes me even happier if I’m the one who dug it. Lol