Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another lunch time find

tnvarmint

As it was about time for lunch today, Dr Bill and I were trying to decide if we wanted to go out and detect today. It had rained a little this morning so we knew it would be wet and muggy. We decided worst case we could always leave if it was too wet so we headed out. We hunted for our normal 45 min to an hour and I hadn't found anything but a 1941 wheatie. Just as we got back to our cars about 2 or 3 inches from the edge of the pavement and a foot from my front bumper I get a 12-46 signal at less than an inch deep. I figured it was a clad quarter and almost walked away. We were running a little late and needed to get back to work. I decided to dig it and out popped this beauty!

It isnt the best picture but it is a silver ring with what appears to be a 3/4 to 1 ct diamond setting on top. The stone is a flawless and the ring will clean up nicely. You can see in the picture the 925 stamped on the right side and a "M" mark on the left.

Nice looking ring !

That gives me a very good idea.....
:detecting::clap:

Nice find Mike, is the diamond real? That is a fine looking ring. Congrats. -- Randy

UPDATE:

My wife absolutely loved the ring. She took it down to a local jewelry shop and had it sized up one to fit her. The stone is not a diamond but a 1ct CZ. He said he would still value the ring at about $300-$400 new. It turned out to be a beutiful ring once cleaned and polished. The wife is very happy to have gotten it and now doesn't laugh quite as hard when I come home with nothing but a handful of clad to show :rolleyes:

I did get plenty of these :cheekkiss: so all turned out good!