Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another piece of gold, 14 grams total for Equinox

Old California

Dug my third gold with the equinox recently, here's a group shot of the three. One coin, two 14k rings.

Tomorrow, meeting with the property owner to hand him his 1846 $5 gold piece. Then will hunt with the equinox tomorrow (Friday) will be two weeks of digging the gold coin. Two weeks prior, same site on a Friday dug the 1834 Bust quarter with another detector. So far, Fridays every two weeks apart appear to be good luck. Maybe tomorrow another Friday two weeks from digging the gold coin luck will hopefully continue, rain or shine I'm going to hunt this site.

Had the gold coin display engraved with the 1850 settlement, I'm very happy it's going to the owner were it belongs.

Good luck everyone, hope the year brings you great finds!

Paul

Wow Paul,

I think you may have a new closest friend. :thumbup:

Hard to beat seeing that gold in the dirt. :biggrin:

Rich -

Wow... thats going great for a new machine, well done :thumbup:

Thanks El,

You'll like the Equinox, especially in ocean wet sand. Until the waterproof headsets are available, do what Randy from Northridge does. He goes wireless with headset tucked underneath a hood, this is ok out in wet sand.

If you need a quick rundown with features, we can meet somewhere in your area.

Congratulations with ordering an Equinox, with all it has to offer, its a steal!

Take care,
Paul

Thanks Rich,

After the coin hand off tomorrow with the property owner, going to hunt for a few hours same site.

Suppose to be Sunny, been raining cats and dogs this week.

Thanks again,
Paul

Thank you CZ,

Whatever surfaces tomorrow, I'll be content whatever it is even it only a pistol ball.

Hope the Brown truck shows up before the weekend for you, get out there and learn the equinox :thumbup:

Thanks again,
Paul

Lately, It's boosted my confidence with getting a better ratio of gold versus pull tabs, so far I'm digging less pull tabs to get these two 14k rings.

I know its luck, hope the streak continues it's so neat seeing gold without digging so many tabs and trash.

Thanks!
Paul

Thanks calabash digger,

Not quite the ratio of finds you're getting, but I'll take what I can get.

Tomorrow is a big day, a friend is taking a long drive to meet with me, he's wanting to see the Equinox in action up close.

I'm still on the fence with the equinox with iron separation at actual sites laced with iron, even with tweaking it a bit still not getting the results I need.

Overall, really like the equinox use it were it performs best.

Thanks again,
Paul

I'll try Mike, been having lucky day's lately.

Hope it continues, Thanks!
Paul

Thanks Terra,

A lot of luck, and digging that's for sure.

Thank you,
Paul

i see nothing but that gold coin lol. Im not able to get in the water yet where i want to be ..... so ive got that learning curve slump. Im doing more button pushing right now than serious hunting..... but im getting there. Id like to have all the button pushing done before i hit the water ...... and start all over lol. Some veery good hunts.

Nice finds. I've been detecting many years now and have not found a gold coin . . . yet.
I wonder how many I went over and didn't dig.

I would have had a hard time giving up that gold coin. I'd probably have offered to give
the home owner equivalent cash for the coin but that's me.

I'll take you up on that Paul. I'll be in touch.

Button Hill has been plowed but is pretty muddy right now. It's a lot more muddy than the last time we hunted it in the mud.

Congrats again.

Hello Dew,

The Equinox menu is tricky at the beginning, you'll get it down before hitting the water. Then, it's down hill with minor button pressing once you get the main settings dialed in.

That two 14k rings are from grassy area's, School ground and most recent a local park. Both near nickel range, Equinox loves nickels and is deep on low conductive. Modulation isn't its strong point on low conductive, flat out detects deep with low conductive. I have a hard time telling a deep nickel signal from a shallow one, audio modulation isn't quite there with low conductive well last least for me. Maybe its me?

Take care, and good luck!
Paul

Hello Tony,

At this particular site, started in 1850. Prior to the settlement was a main trail crossing going further back centuries earlier. Used by Native American Indians, then american pioneers heading out West used this trail crossing and now it's farm land.

A massacre took place here in 1850, only three survived. Two escaped floating down the river, one played dead with arrows in his body. The rest, endured a terrible death especially John Wood their leader was skinned alive.

The 1846 gold coin and a recent 1834 bust quarter, were dug about 300-400 yards from the settlement off the old trail. The area is our oldest settlement in a span of over 300 miles, great historical settlement which the owner has great interest. The gold coin belongs with the property owner and his family, They've allowed me to detect here for over a decade, come and go anytime. Extremely large farm, other old site's are on this farm as well.

Have a place to come too to unwind, relax, daydream, test equipment or kick a can or invite a friend or two. That alone is priceless, very fortunate. I'll keep the bust quarter, he'll be okay with me keeping the bust. I'd rather have the bust over the gold coin, the bust quarter is kind of tarnished but detail is good.

Another 86 minute's to go, the gold coin will be in the property owners hands at 9am :)

Thanks Tony, you'll get your gold coin someday. Have patience, it'll eventually surface. Never give up :thumbup:

Paul