Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another piece of gold, 14 grams total for Equinox

Great El!

I'll be there, maybe do a beach Hunt then relic later in the day.

Can't wait, I'll pm you information in a day or so with the charger I purchased for the Equinox, my friend Terry from HI purchased the same he was right it's a good charger and correct one with proper amps.

Terrific, See you when you get the Equinox!
Paul

Nice work Paul!

You've about got your 800 paid off:thumbup:

Still working on mine, only challenges I have is time, not enough hunt time :)

Sadly Tom is stuck on his Exp2 and will likely be fleabaying his EQ800 after just a couple of hunts.

Hope to hunt with you one of these days,
Brian

You have done real well with yours Brian. When is the little due? That is when your time will be taken up but it will be worth it.

El

Hi El,

June 2 is the due date, probably going to put a hurting on detecting, hopefully when the baby gets older I can teach her to detect and have a new hunt buddy :twodetecting:

HH,
Brian

Thanks Brian,

Yeah, too bad Tom isn't spending more time with the Equinox. Sure, Equinox has its short comings that's for sure. But it has its strengths too, I'm using it in areas it most benefits my type of hunting. The area's it doesn't, use a different type of detector or switch to the GPX 5000.

Spend time with the little one when she arrives, metal detecting can wait enjoy these moments with her.

We'll get out on a hunt someday, maybe later in the fall.

Thanks again,
Paul

Super finds congrats I’m wanting an Equinox 800 for my beach hunting looks like it likes gold what did the rings and coin VDI numbers come up as?
Thanks Mark.

Mkus said:
Super finds congrats I’m wanting an Equinox 800 for my beach hunting looks like it likes gold what did the rings and coin VDI numbers come up as?
Thanks Mark.

I dream the dream of great finds also.lol when I strike out,i remind myself persistence will pay off eventually.its so easy to get discouraged and I understand why some give up or lose interest.i have found really good stuff in 5,6 months and I've went and found nada a lot,when you least expect the goods they will slap us in the face and when your sure it's a good p l.jace nothing will be there at least that's how it seems.the nox feels good in my ha mb d and makes me confident!congrats on the baby girl coming cal cobra,I have a 10 months old girl and she's the best thing that's ever happened to me!

Joedaddy276 said:
Thanks Mark.

I dream the dream of great finds also.lol when I strike out,i remind myself persistence will pay off eventually.its so easy to get discouraged and I understand why some give up or lose interest.i have found really good stuff in 5,6 months and I've went and found nada a lot,when you least expect the goods they will slap us in the face and when your sure it's a good p l.jace nothing will be there at least that's how it seems.the nox feels good in my ha mb d and makes me confident!congrats on the baby girl coming cal cobra,I have a 10 months old girl and she's the best thing that's ever happened to me!
Yep I’ve definitely can attest to that I put my time in and it pays off had some nice finds this week with a Morgan Dollar 1883 and a 1946 walker two foot away!!!
I love the hobby and now I’m working on a 1700’s silver already have my gold coin!

Old California said:
Dug my third gold with the equinox recently, here's a group shot of the three. One coin, two 14k rings.

Tomorrow, meeting with the property owner to hand him his 1846 $5 gold piece. Then will hunt with the equinox tomorrow (Friday) will be two weeks of digging the gold coin. Two weeks prior, same site on a Friday dug the 1834 Bust quarter with another detector. So far, Fridays every two weeks apart appear to be good luck. Maybe tomorrow another Friday two weeks from digging the gold coin luck will hopefully continue, rain or shine I'm going to hunt this site.

Had the gold coin display engraved with the 1850 settlement, I'm very happy it's going to the owner were it belongs.

Good luck everyone, hope the year brings you great finds!

Paul

Paul that is fantastic your giving the landowner the gold coin. Well done.

That is quite a story, Paul! Interesting the things people went through that we were never taught in school.
I too have a couple old farms around here from the turn of the 1800's where the farmers let me keep whatever I find. It's just I have yet to
find that elusive gold coin. Knowing my luck I'll find a chest filled with quart jars full of them. LOL!

Now I see why you would want them to have the gold coin. That just shows how honorable a person you are!
It's people like you that make me proud to be a fellow detectorist.
Maybe some day, if I ever get out to California again we can meet up. It's been years now. I used to detect
around Canyon Country area about 50 miles north of LA. I found where the old wagons used to go but didn't find much. Dang stingy people. LOL!

Take care dear friend!
Tony

Old California said:
Hello Tony,

At this particular site, started in 1850. Prior to the settlement was a main trail crossing going further back centuries earlier. Used by Native American Indians, then american pioneers heading out West used this trail crossing and now it's farm land.

A massacre took place here in 1850, only three survived. Two escaped floating down the river, one played dead with arrows in his body. The rest, endured a terrible death especially John Wood their leader was skinned alive.

The 1846 gold coin and a recent 1834 bust quarter, were dug about 300-400 yards from the settlement off the old trail. The area is our oldest settlement in a span of over 300 miles, great historical settlement which the owner has great interest. The gold coin belongs with the property owner and his family, They've allowed me to detect here for over a decade, come and go anytime. Extremely large farm, other old site's are on this farm as well.

Have a place to come too to unwind, relax, daydream, test equipment or kick a can or invite a friend or two. That alone is priceless, very fortunate. I'll keep the bust quarter, he'll be okay with me keeping the bust. I'd rather have the bust over the gold coin, the bust quarter is kind of tarnished but detail is good.

Another 86 minute's to go, the gold coin will be in the property owners hands at 9am :)

Thanks Tony, you'll get your gold coin someday. Have patience, it'll eventually surface. Never give up :thumbup:

Paul