Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Seated Quarter / 1940 Captain Midnight Token / Big Track Medal

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last few weeks since my last post. All finds were made at researched public schools and city parks that I thought may still hold some deep old targets.
Coils used were NEL Storm and NEL Tornado.
The Seated Quarter was a complete surprise in a city park a few feet from the sidewalk. A big square nail/spike was very close to the quarter but my big coil locked onto the quarter.
I knew it was probably a silver quarter but had no idea it would be that old. All the scratches on it are old.
Another cool find was a stacked pocket spill with a 1909 Wheat Penny, 1902 V nickel and 1907 V nickel. This combination was giving me deep Indian head penny numbers.
I included the uncleaned pic of the 2 V nickels just as they came out of the ground ; protected with some of the original finish intact.
I was also happy to find that captain midnight token. It is a Captain Midnight 1940 Flight Patrol Medal Of Membership Skelly Brass Token Coin.
I have found other track medals but that is my first Discus Medal. It read like a half dollar.

Coin Finds
1876 Seated Quarter
14 Silver dimes back to 1901
Nickels are 1902,1907, Dateless Buffalo, Silver 1942 War Nickel, numerous Jefferson Nickels from the 1940s and 50s.
Indian Head Pennies are 1889,1901,1903,1907
Not pictured are 37 Wheat pennies back to 1909. Numerous are before 1920.

Other Finds
2 silver rings
1934 Dog Tax Token
Old Cigar Token (I found a similar style one a few weeks ago but this one is in much better shape)
1940 Skelly Captain Midnight Token
Big Discus Medal. I believe it has some age based on the depth. Possibly 1960s or earlier.
Old Drawer Pull
Thin Bracelet
Cub Scouts Pin
2 religious medals
Not Pictured are 5 Large Square nail spikes

:surprised: :surprised::surprised:

Wow Dave! Another seated quarter. That is awesome. As much as I like that I have to say the Captain Midnight has to be my personal favorite. Congrats on that amazing coin spill too. Those V's look awesome. So many outstanding finds. I'll take them all! LOL You continue to impress my friend. Keep posting and I'll keep drooling. Greg

Nice finds Dave the 1876 must be a common year I found two this past year one a CC and then I found 2 1854's! crazy! one looks like it was dropped the day it was minted guy I know also found a 1876!
Mark

Thanks Greg,
Yes, that Captain Midnight token was a favorite of mine also.
My lower back and arm have been bothering me lately after trying to jog for a stretch so I have to back off on detecting for a while. Must be a pinched nerve or arthritis rearing its head.
I guess I will have to swing the lighter 12x13 more instead of the 13x14 :)
I really look forward to your videos. That Dodge Brothers emblem was awesome along with that big 1880s medal. I actually found a Round colored 1920s embossed dodge brothers emblem years ago. It had the star of David design on it.

Dave

cz70pro said:
Wow Dave! Another seated quarter. That is awesome. As much as I like that I have to say the Captain Midnight has to be my personal favorite. Congrats on that amazing coin spill too. Those V's look awesome. So many outstanding finds. I'll take them all! LOL You continue to impress my friend. Keep posting and I'll keep drooling. Greg

Thanks Mark.
Sounds like you find seated quarters like most people find silver Washington's.:)

Mkus said:
Nice finds Dave the 1876 must be a common year I found two this past year one a CC and then I found 2 1854's! crazy! one looks like it was dropped the day it was minted guy I know also found a 1876!
Mark

floodplaindetector said:
Thanks Mark.
Sounds like you find seated quarters like most people find silver Washington's.:)

Mkus said:
Mark
It's funny how They seem to pop up when least expected nice finds
Mark

A great bunch of finds - well done !

hey there Dave//Cap't Midnite.....happy holidays to you and your family; as always my friend....simply an amazing set of finds and historical salvations due to your hard work/research and dedication to your craft....your hunts and posts are the envy of this forum and DEF treasured....
lets hope your E-trac continues to have 20/20 vision for you in 2020 so there are lots more stories and pictures to daydream about!!

Nice job! You have some serious skills. I have found two of those Captain Midnight tokens in the same park in extreme northern Wisconsin. Makes me wonder if they did "tours" to promote the show and handed the tokens out to all attendees?

Nice job! You have some serious skills. I have found two of those Captain Midnight tokens in the same park in extreme northern Wisconsin. Makes me wonder if they did "tours" to promote the show and handed the tokens out to all attendees?

thanks!
I haven't found these tokens until this year. Pretty cool you have found them also.
Dave

ducktrapper said:

Thanks SS. same to you. Appreciate the comments.
I bought an Anfibio also and just ordered an XP Deus to have some lighter alternatives but eTrac is still my go to machine.
Dave

sunraysux said:
hey there Dave//Cap't Midnite.....happy holidays to you and your family; as always my friend....simply an amazing set of finds and historical salvations due to your hard work/research and dedication to your craft....your hunts and posts are the envy of this forum and DEF treasured....
lets hope your E-trac continues to have 20/20 vision for you in 2020 so there are lots more stories and pictures to daydream about!!