Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any CTX Users in Arizona?

coherent

I'm a new CTX owner/user. North Central Arizona near Sedona. I've been detecting for years on and off and have owned Minelab, Garret and Tesoro detectors but the CTX is a beast. Not exactly lost (Andy Sabisch's book helped a lot) but it would be great to hunt one day with someone who's experienced with the CTX. I'll buy the beer after! If nothing else, when this post is old and dated and a new CTX owner is looking... get in touch, maybe I figured some of this stuff out and can offer help.

I live in N Phoenix and sometimes go up to prescott area, if you are looking for warmer hunts for the winter and find yourself down here I am almost always up for a hunt

Thanks for the reply bigelow & thanks for the offer. I may get in touch if I head that direction. Also, When it warms up and you head north to hunt and to get out of the heat, let me know!

coherent said:
I'm a new CTX owner/user. North Central Arizona near Sedona. I've been detecting for years on and off and have owned Minelab, Garret and Tesoro detectors but the CTX is a beast. Not exactly lost (Andy Sabisch's book helped a lot) but it would be great to hunt one day with someone who's experienced with the CTX. I'll buy the beer after! If nothing else, when this post is old and dated and a new CTX owner is looking... get in touch, maybe I figured some of this stuff out and can offer help.

I am a full time RV traveler now, but am from the area (40+ years). I been using an E-trac for years and just pulled the trigger on the CTX. Should have it Tuesday. I will be in the Cottonwood area for a couple weeks in December and will be getting out to hunt often. If your interested in putting a hunt together let me know.

Absolutely! I'm just up the road from Cottonwood. Make sure you send me a message when you're in the area. Practice with the CTX so you can teach me! I took my CTX out for the first time this morning (other than front yard testing and experimenting with the settings) to a little park and school in Camp Verde. I'm now familiar with what pull tabs register! Mostly just played with the settings and only dug up a few targets and found a little clad, pennies etc., but did find one gold & silver ring. Not sure if it's plated or what, but my wife immediately confiscated it and put it in her jewelry cleaning solution to soak. I think I should buy "her" one of those nice ultrasonic jewelry cleaners! Was the first time I've ever found a ring the first time out with a detector. If you're used to the Etrac, it should be easy for you to learn the differences. It's my first Minelab FSB machine, so my learning curve is a bit steeper.

Too bad you don’t live near another person well versed,it’ll be a bit longer on the curve. One very distinct advantage you have with the CTX is the COMBINED tones option. It will give you ONE tone for a “range” of targets. Instead of using 50 tones where it might give you a C flat for a rotten zincoln(34),a C for an Indian(35),a C sharp for a normal zincoln(36) and so on,it can give you just one tone for all of those. If you install the fabled “Gone Hunting” settings it will make more sense. If you feel you are OK with the settings you have then that works too! I don’t know how far Dan(DanNM) is from you...but at least its no more than a state line away!:lol:
Really,give a shout and someone will steer you in the right direction should you have issues. This machine has it all...and then some.

IDXMonster said:
I don’t know how far Dan(DanNM) is from you...but at least its no more than a state line away!:lol:
Had the opportunity to hunt with Dan(NM) and Jimmy. Ran into them while hunting in Las Cruces. They took pity on a poor, lost, out of town, detector and let me tag along. They are great people. Dan was the final straw on finally buying the CTX.

I'll be passing through AZ this month. Starting tomorrow, we will be near Eloy, AZ for 2 weeks, then 2 days at White Tank Regional Park, in Waddell, AZ, then Dec. 14 - 28 in Cottonwood, AZ. Anyone interested in putting a hunt together, hit me up.

archer said:
IDXMonster said:
I don’t know how far Dan(DanNM) is from you...but at least its no more than a state line away!:lol:
Had the opportunity to hunt with Dan(NM) and Jimmy. Ran into them while hunting in Las Cruces. They took pity on a poor, lost, out of town, detector and let me tag along. They are great people. Dan was the final straw on finally buying the CTX.

Thanks for the kind words, but, you seemed to be doing just fine with your trusty Etrac :clapping:I have to say though, you did make the right choice by moving up!!

IDXMonster said:
One very distinct advantage you have with the CTX is the COMBINED tones option. It will give you ONE tone for a “range” of targets. Instead of using 50 tones where it might give you a C flat for a rotten zincoln(34),a C for an Indian(35),a C sharp for a normal zincoln(36) and so on,it can give you just one tone for all of those. If you install the fabled “Gone Hunting” settings it will make more sense. .

IMO this is great advice. Simplifies a great machine. Let's your ears get used to it much quicker.

coherent said:
Absolutely! I'm just up the road from Cottonwood. Make sure you send me a message when you're in the area. Practice with the CTX so you can teach me! I took my CTX out for the first time this morning (other than front yard testing and experimenting with the settings) to a little park and school in Camp Verde. I'm now familiar with what pull tabs register! Mostly just played with the settings and only dug up a few targets and found a little clad, pennies etc., but did find one gold & silver ring. Not sure if it's plated or what, but my wife immediately confiscated it and put it in her jewelry cleaning solution to soak. I think I should buy "her" one of those nice ultrasonic jewelry cleaners! Was the first time I've ever found a ring the first time out with a detector. If you're used to the Etrac, it should be easy for you to learn the differences. It's my first Minelab FSB machine, so my learning curve is a bit steeper.

Hey coherent, I'm in Cottonwood staring tomorrow for the next 2 weeks. I will be out and about hunting. Let me know if you want to meet up for a hunt.