Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any current users having problems with falsing

i was wondering if minelab was able to solve this problem ?" such as when bumping tall grass or stick ups our cure was to use a drum skin but was told the new chip in the coil would lessen this problem thank you Pat

I have never had that problem on a minelab. You might check the the coil plug just to make sure it is snug.

I experienced some falsing at A+3 but a reduction of sensitivity took care of that. I usually run A+2 now and sometimes +1 in iron infested ground.

Larry (IL) said:
I experienced some falsing at A+3 but a reduction of sensitivity took care of that. I usually run A+2 now and sometimes +1 in iron infested ground.

Do you think (if you ever ran an E-Trac) that the CTX runs a little hotter in auto than the E-Trac?

Thx,
Albert

I had the same issue with my Exp2, but I think it was because I was running too high sens.
My first day out with the CTX I ran manual sens at my Exp2 setting and I was getting a lot of chirping. The park I was hunting is infested with iron and metal bits. Used to have old houses there that at some time past were torn down for the park. Switching to A +1 or +2 really stabilized it. I haven't had it out in tall wet grass yet, but I imagine it has to do with too high sens.
HH
MM

Yes, it does seem to be a little hotter. I wonder if the chip in the coil makes that much of a difference or just a tweak in the software.... either way I like being able to go to +3 when I want to without having to switch to manual.

I've noticed when I set Sensitivity on Auto and have the setting on the screen that it always shows Sensitivity at 19. I've noticed that on pics others have posted here too.

Larry (IL) said:
Yes, it does seem to be a little hotter. I wonder if the chip in the coil makes that much of a difference or just a tweak in the software.... either way I like being able to go to +3 when I want to without having to switch to manual.

I was imagining that they got the GB spot on to get the auto settings a bit hotter, but just a guess.

I want to start a thread on that chip in the coil once we get more info on it. Minelab said something about pre-processing I think. I wonder if they used that as a technique to get the recovery speed to speed up. Since FBS technology appears to use some time domain stuff, I think getting it to recover faster would require some creative problem solving since "waiting for time dependent data" can only be speeded up so much.

After using relatively fast machines like the V3i, T2 and Omega, I pretty quickly felt the E-Trac was much slower in the recovery department. But, oddly enough, on coins anyway, it seemed to be on top of its game around iron (at least if the iron wasn't super bad). So that in a way is a bit of reinforcement with that time domain comment.

Albert

I too was initially having issues with it being to erratic.. I was running in auto plus 3 and it was too much. I was making the mistake of thinking and running this machine like the E-Trac which it is a similar platform, but totally different... I had to seek some advice.. and I am already noticing a difference when I look at this as a different machine.. its definitely not the same... as soon as I get a little more time on, with the help of Randy, I will post on how I have got mine set up.. it made a definitely made the difference..

n/t

Observations on the beach so far...CTX does not like black sand but handles it better than the SE Pro. Neither machines like swinging up/down slope in the black sand where this upsets the ground balance. Swinging across the slope its pretty stable. Its much more stable down low in/near the water and near the pesky sea foam than the SE Pro. Now as for the auto sensitivity...I laugh in its general direction, I'm running 24-26 with minor falsing and perfectly comfortable and the machine is saying hey reduce the sensitivity to 15 lol not going to happen. I took it up in the dry sand the other day, different beach with no black sand, it was rock solid stable with the sens at 30 and the gain at 30 :yikes: My only gripe so far is the CTX loves rusty bottle caps.

OH be sure to noise cancel. I was at another beach and getting pretty irritated with the machine falsing, then was standing still having a smoke when I noticed the machine was still chirping, did a noise cancel and it was WAY more stable.

pspr said:
I've noticed when I set Sensitivity on Auto and have the setting on the screen that it always shows Sensitivity at 19. I've noticed that on pics others have posted here too.

I used mine in Auto +3 quite a bit today, and noticed the running sensitivity numbers ranged from 13 up to 26. It varied from different fields and different locations in the same field. I have not used it in a yard or park, so don't know how that's going to be. I very rarely ever used manual with the old XS, but the E-Trac it was the opposite, I very rarely used auto. So now with this CTX, I have to test out both ways, and see which works the best where I hunt. I believe it was Digger that said this machine is different, and may perform very well in Auto.

rellikusmc said:
i was wondering if minelab was able to solve this problem ?" such as when bumping tall grass or stick ups our cure was to use a drum skin but was told the new chip in the coil would lessen this problem thank you Pat

Hi just curious as to if you have a fast swing action if so that could be the issue I sometimes have the same issue but I have a fast action.

I was getting some falsing near rejected targets. I turned off "deep" and it seems to have solved the problem.

I used it along & in the Cohansey & Maurice rivers which are highly mineralized with Iron (Bog Iron & Iron objects) & it ran silent with no falsing. I ran auto +3 but could have ran hotter no problem, I didn't take notice to what the sensitivity was set at.

C&RHunter said:
pspr said:

I used mine in Auto +3 quite a bit today, and noticed the running sensitivity numbers ranged from 13 up to 26. It varied from different fields and different locations in the same field. I have not used it in a yard or park, so don't know how that's going to be. I very rarely ever used manual with the old XS, but the E-Trac it was the opposite, I very rarely used auto. So now with this CTX, I have to test out both ways, and see which works the best where I hunt. I believe it was Digger that said this machine is different, and may perform very well in Auto.
I finally started getting some different sens. numbers at different locations on auto. So, it was just me not getting it around enough.