Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any feedback on the Minelab waterproof headphones for the Equinox, please

jtalley007

They seem to still be scarce but would love some feedback on tone quality and build quality?

Any other factory phones like the Grey Ghosts out yet,

Thanks, Jerry

No on the GG. Some are being done by individuals...... but watch those being sold on that auction site out of country. The yellows are the same as those used on the CTX and Xcal. They work best on the Xcal....... seems the CTX and Nox prefer speakers over piezos for volume. They are sealed very well for diving/snorkeling so if you want to do any of that id get a pair. But because they are piezos and sealed for diving they arent the best for wading. Volume is lower, they have drain holes which in windy days makes it even harder to hear, the slide arent the best over time to keep them in place and the muffs arent the best to reduce noise. They now do have more cable than the Xcal ones so you arent constantly pulling them off your head. As wading phones.......just about any phones are better..... but they are VERY waterproof.

Hey Jerry, let me know how the Equinox does for CW relics. Too hot right now for me to get out with mine. Got the itch real bad! Hurry up cooler weather!!

Dew echoed my thoughts on them. They do have lower volume. The problem is they do not cancel out any surrounding sounds...wind, children playing, adults talking louder than normal due to wind/waves. Any of the typical things you will find in or near water, unless you are relic hunting creeks or rivers away from people. They will fill the gap til something better comes along.

I hope I can mention this due to Kellyco being a sponsor. Kellyco is selling an aftermarket brand of underwater headphones for the Nox that looks better built than the yellow Koss ones that Minelab uses. I have a set coming, but not for the Nox. If I like them for the other detector, I may order a set for the Nox.

Little more info........ the yellows have a db in the 50s....... quiet office, quiet street......... the wireless one have a db in the 80s.... busy street, alarm clock...... mines near 100 subway train, blow dryer. A good thing to have is a sound meter app for your phone when comparing headphones. The yellows arre good if you get your phones wet a LOT..... if not i believe you can find a MUCH better after market pair at the same price.

People who have gotten the factory phones say they suck. I have heard from many who bought the ones from #$@%^&* that they suck. GG phones were supposed to be available last month but so far, not have appeared. Tony Isenhower hand-makes some and the volume (at least on land so far) has been very good. I hope to get them wet this next week and see how they work when wet.

Jason.... they arent quit as loud as mine but are in the 80 db like the wireless for water hunting. He uses the same large piezos i have on Xcal phones.... but the Nox really does better with say audio sears speaker.

3rd party equinox water proof headphones sold at Kellyco have great volume, https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/ls-pelso-underwater-headphones

Kellyco also sells an adapter cable that converts equinox's jack to jack for GG amphibeans for CTX3030. https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/adapter-cable-equinox-ctx-3030

Will call them tomorrow, plan to get the headphones and the adapter

Thanks for all the feedback and help

Gotta love these forums

Jerry

Hey Dewcon - it's Barry Joe's friend...where did you get your 100db phones?
This is new screen name so no PM yet....:sadwalk:

jtalley007 said:
Will call them tomorrow, plan to get the headphones and the adapter

Thanks for all the feedback and help

Gotta love these forums

Jerry

FYI Just found out through my contact they have sold all the LS.PELSO headphones and are waiting on their next delivery of the headphones from Europe. I have talked to several people who bought ML headphones for EQ and they did not like them, volume too low and sounds like your in a tunnel.

Is that converter jack waterproof, cant see a outer seal on the picture.

nagant said:
Is that converter jack waterproof, cant see a outer seal on the picture.

No.

I tested my equinox yellow wp hp and the dB output was in the 70’s and 80’s. I guess some are varying in their dB output. I’m not sure though if it’s the methods used for testing or an actual variance from one set to another.

L.S. Pelso headphones are back in stock, I just ordered a pair. I have the Tony Eisenhower hp's and really love them, Build, fit and volume are great. However I'm Mr. Redundant and wanted a backup pair or second travel pair...who knows I may buy a second EQX. I'm thinking of selling or trading one of my other water machines. My CZ21 has been stored away since the factory upgrade CZ20 to 21. I'm the original owner and I don't dive. Hmmmm...another EQX.

Ytcoinshooter said:
L.S. Pelso headphones are back in stock, I just ordered a pair. I have the Tony Eisenhower hp's and really love them, Build, fit and volume are great. However I'm Mr. Redundant and wanted a backup pair or second travel pair...who knows I may buy a second EQX. I'm thinking of selling or trading one of my other water machines. My CZ21 has been stored away since the factory upgrade CZ20 to 21. I'm the original owner and I don't dive. Hmmmm...another EQX.
Please let us know how the Pelso's compare to TE's