Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any idea what is is?

Eric B.

Found this in a county fairground lot. Appears to be brass with no visible threads or point of attachment. Dug at 6 inches deep. Kind of looks like a miniature cymbal. Letter H or N on the top.

Attachments

• 9CB7F0BA-8FCF-4C2F-B13E-685C8D0D1CC4.jpeg
    9CB7F0BA-8FCF-4C2F-B13E-685C8D0D1CC4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
  • 77F73DE3-6B54-4DBD-AC7C-3210B7F02DA4.jpeg
    77F73DE3-6B54-4DBD-AC7C-3210B7F02DA4.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 79
  • F018BF59-E6D9-4D96-AEF9-72D066B72508.jpeg
    F018BF59-E6D9-4D96-AEF9-72D066B72508.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
I'm not 100 per cent sure, but I have found a few while hunting old fairgrounds and associated them with a cover/globe for covering small lights on some of the rides. The ones's I found were brass also, and had a hole that perhaps a electric wire went through. My assumption, anyway. HH Jim Tn

I’m going back to the rain cover for a seven prong liver scratcher theory. Someday someone will find one of those…..😂

That thought crossed my mind too.
I have little experience with candles except the aromatic one's my wife buys. I noticed that when you blow them out the wick can glow and burn without a flame for quite some time even making unwanted smoke. Then when you go to light it again the wick is too short. So I see why there was a need for snuffers.
I wonder if they had some for sale without a handle? If on a desk top you could easily put it in place without a handle.
The bottom of yours is discolored around the outer circumference indicating to me uneven metal tarnishing or oxidation like it was sitting on something round. Then again no carbon or soot in the middle.
You have a real puzzle there.