Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ANY IDEAS ON THIS BUTTON

DWild

Not sure what the letter is on button or what is below the letter in the circle. It is a one piece metal cast with a seam on the back and I believe the original eye that is broken off was part of the casting. I have found reference to buttons of this type being made in the 1750's to 1820's.

Looks like a pewter Infantry button .........possibly War of 1812? ( or earlier? trying to remember, but don't have a button book ) Very nice find!!!

Iowa Dale

Thanks Dale.
You are 100% correct. Did a search for War of 1812 Infantry Button and there it was.
Mine is a small cuff size button that measures about 14.5 mm. Quite a find for NW Missouri. It was found at an 1861 Missouri State Guard vs Union Skirmish site. Those Pro-Southern MSG boys showed up in all kinds of past uniforms. I found an 1830's to 1850's Navy cuff button at this site. We have also found Union General service, Infantry & Artillery buttons. It's been a good site. I will attach a picture of the Navy button

That's a real nice piece of history - congrats !

Love that Navy, too! Buttons are one of my most favorite finds.
Yes, you're on a great site! My daughter lives in Albany, Mo.

Now go dig some more!:cheers:

Iowa Dale