Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any one got to try the new update for the beach yet

Jason in TN

Any one got to play with the new update at the beach yet. I had a blast using the CTX this summer at the beach and in the water. Going to cash in my gold tomorrow will see how much I get. Hope to hear some beach reports with the update soon.

Jason

I was wondering the same thing how is it working now in the salt water. :twodetecting:

I have tried it a couple of times, here in Denmark it worked fine. Im still very new with the 3030. But i got good readings, and none noise what so ever.

Regards
Ricco

It was truly eerie.

Before the update, I tried the manual sensitivity, but found that I got too many false chirps. Then like a lot of us I just ran auto +3 and got higher sensitivity readings with more stability than with man. settings. The auto would run 25-29 almost all the time.

With the new update installed and running saltwater, I switched back to man. right up to 30 and it was eerily quite. Granted the beaches are empty now so all my action came from the tide lines and wave breaks, but it ran so quite just like auto. And when I ran across a target it picked it up quick. Depth readings were accurate and many were at 12"--dimes, quarters, pennies and pieces of pennies and assorted junk items. A few times I got real faint 12" responses, but they were all in areas where the waves were breaking and made recovery too difficult to even try. Unfortunately a full day of searching barely made enough to cover the Road tolls to get to the beaches.

I am really excited for this update, hope this works for everyone too.

tried it yesterday at the beach at Galveston. First I had it on the regular beach program, man sens at about 22, very noisy and chirpy. Switched to the edit to seawater, and it was eerily quiet!!! Manual at 28 still quiet and in water about 6" with water breaking over the coil it never ever made a squeek! Got a dead on, no bounce, 12-13 nickel at 9" and a clad dime at about 5". Set another coin program as the flip and it did well but was noisy.

I wonder what would be the result if one could modify the 'beach' program with 'seawater' to a dry land trashy area program, with all the stuff like gone huntings??? I think I will do that and save it as a 'salt coin" program and see if there is any benefit to it.

jas415 said:
tried it yesterday at the beach at Galveston. First I had it on the regular beach program, man sens at about 22, very noisy and chirpy. Switched to the edit to seawater, and it was eerily quiet!!! Manual at 28 still quiet and in water about 6" with water breaking over the coil it never ever made a squeek! Got a dead on, no bounce, 12-13 nickel at 9" and a clad dime at about 5". Set another coin program as the flip and it did well but was noisy.

I wonder what would be the result if one could modify the 'beach' program with 'seawater' to a dry land trashy area program, with all the stuff like gone huntings??? I think I will do that and save it as a 'salt coin" program and see if there is any benefit to it.

Not to hijack this thread, but I was wondering about using on dry land as well. I live in an area where the soil is heavy salt and sand. I'm gonna give it a shot in an area that is very sandy

tried the saltwater settings this week for 4 trips. i was concerned i was gonna lose depth as i was thinking that would be the trade off minelab made to make ctx run smoother. i usually run in manuel and with falsing the targets still scream so i really never ran it will a smooth threshold. i did try auto 3 but found i was losing depth. so i must say im amazed with the update ctx runs smooth with saltwater with no loss of depth , i ran with my hot settings until i hit a deep target then switched the saltwater on and target hit with no difference. im very pleased with this update
jim

Thanks guys keep your info and updates posted interesting to hear maybe the first of Dec I will get to play with it at the beach.

Jason

Found this nice demo video showing the stability and depth of the 3030 with the seawater mode and the 17" coil. Looks like the machine is rock solid with good depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0RoJlSUXK8

I'm spending the week in N Myrtle Beach. I've done two hunts so far, and the update is extremely quiet. Beach is sanded in, but dug a few water targets at 10-12". I've been running auto +3 and seeing 26-30 on sensitivity. I ran manual at 30 for awhile, got an occasional false when a big wave crashed over in 18 inch deep water. Thanks, Minelab!

Wayne