Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any other Vision owners not updated??

bud212002

Ok, After a year with my V3, I have still not sent it in for the software updates. I never felt it necessary, because I have had great finds. My D2 coil has been a little "spotty" working 100% at times, but I think it has finally kicked the bucket for good. Has anyone with an original Vision V3 sent it in and had improvements on consistency, depth? I hope they will replace my D2 coil as it still looks New, as does the detector.

Has anyone with an original Vision V3 sent it in and had improvements on consistency, depth?

The updates don't address these. Also the test at the top of the forum will tell you if your coil is good or bad. Rob

Send it in. I waited until just this last month and even though I had gotten used to 1.0, 1.3 is an improvement. (Box wo/battery, coil and headphones in carton.) They'll fix you up by giving it a "go through" and you won't be questioning your components.

:blush: I quess I worded that wrong. I know the update will not improve depth. What I meant was the little quirks of falsing and depth readout, Has this been addressed in the updates? I just don't want to send it in now, and then a new update be released in 3 weeks??

I am sorry if I am asking dumb, twice covered questions, but I don't have time to get on here often and sift through the vast amount of Info. If I get free time, I hit a spot for Detecting. I have really com along way from when I got into this hobby a year ago. I have also really learned the ins and outs of the V3, and learn more every time I use it.

The answer is NO. The update has nothing to do with the issues you mentioned. The depth in pinpoint is accurate, on the fly it is not. The red bars and solutions have been discussed in detail. One update addressed new vendor parts, phones automatically turning off and a false stereo effect. Rob

I still have one of the early run v.1 Visions. Maybe some day I'll think about getting it sent in for an update. It just hasn't been a priority because it has been working without much problems after the first few weeks. Was getting a couple times where a solid tone would go off even when I raised the coil way up. Also, I was getting the stereo/mono effects which mostly went away when they exchanged the wireless headphones. Doesn't make any sense to me why it doesn't act up as much when I first got it.
If it was the only detector I have, I'd probably had it sent in when they first came out with the first update - but it started working better (maybe the tweaking in programs tamed it some) - and with a handful of other detectors I have to use, it just wasn't a hard hit issue to me.
So maybe I'll get to checking on getting it sent in - but it's been working fine to me for months now. I wonder if they are going to change the decals though if I do. It's almost like having the fewer run Visions before it became Spectra.

I sent my Vision in and got the software update and they replaced the coil too. Very fast turn time, Whites has this service thing down pat! Oh and she came home with the same Vision decals. Tom

Ahh...they send it back with no new decals or anything. I like having the "Vision" on the side! I do keep the box in the protective cover so I guess the "Joy of knowing" is all mine!!!

Mine is the Vision not the V3 if its not broken why send it in?

I was wondering about the decal also. I want to keep the Vision, not that it matters,,,,,, until I decide to trade/sell. Then it might make a difference, though doubtful. Someone askk me the other day how l found a "new" "old stock" Vision. I told them it was a year old and they could not believe it, and I am sure they thought I was lying. Because even though shes got many hours on her, she looks good as new. I work hard for what I have, so I take care of it. My wife told me last week that I have issues, because I had a box of q-tips and was cleaning my Vision with them after an outing!!:thumbup:

Also, WeedWacker. Of the Super 12, 950, and 10"DD which do you like best. I have been looking for while for a 950, but am considering a 12 if I can find a deal??

Bud, Your Vision does NOT have a DECAL ! It is a silk screen process= PAINT

Good Luck
Jerry

Mine is also a Vision with the original 1.0 software. I stopped using the wireless headphones for now because of the volume problem it has. I need to get off my butt and send it in for the 1.3 software update and the headphone ear cushion replacement. . . That would really help. Who do I need to talk to specifically at Whites to get this going?

Thanks for the help,

TC-NM

Best way to do it is just get it to your dealer and have 'em send it in for you. Turn around is fairly fast. If you do it yourself...use the original box inside a slightly larger one but just ship the control housing (minus battery), headphones and coil. You don't need to give Whites a "heads up" as the update procedure is in place. The volume tweak was the main reason for me to get the update too but my machine seems to run a bit smoother?

Heading down to Oregon with my best bud this afternoon to hang with his son for a couple days. Spring break begins for his son tomorrow and we're hoping to visit Sweet Home and get some detecting in!! (If I'd have known I was going down, I'd have waited and just had the update done now!) Should be fun.

Anyone in the service dept. at Sweet Home will get you fixed right up.......:thumbup:

thinking about updating my Vision when the weather gets near triple digits when I won't be out so much. That's my off season for me. Then I'll see what the local dealer says about shipping etc. then. If & when I do, I hope it's worth it. Just haven't had the problems lately which makes it a hard decision.
Or I could tell the wife "something not right with this detector - I better buy a new one" :blink:

tab-nabit said:
I could tell the wife "something not right with this detector - I better buy a new one" :blink:

:beers:

Great Idea, then get the new one, send in the V3 and get it updated!! Oh, honey, It works great now, I didn't realize the warranty was still valid. That is too bad that Richard put a 3 day return policy on my new Safari.;):biggrin: