Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody else having trouble with Xchange2?

JoeinMemphis

For the last couple of days I have not been able to login and bring up the map with two separate computers, any ideas? I get “unexpected error an unexpected error has occurred close the application and try again”. Too bad that doesn’t do anything… Joe

Perhaps they are revamping the app to include the Manticore…hopefully it gets sorted out quickly.

Perhaps they are revamping the app to include the Manticore…hopefully it gets sorted out quickly.
How could they revamp it to work with the manticore when the manticore doesn’t have GPS?

Yes, they have a problem and say they are working on it.
Thank you, I have been emailing them and actually getting a response, the last thing they wanted was a screenshot of all of the warning code that came up in the unexpected error warning box

How could they revamp it to work with the manticore when the manticore doesn’t have GPS?
They could just use it for setting patterns, importing/exporting files, naming things, etc. If that’s even what they’re up to. Maybe it does have GPS and in the next update they’re gonna turn it on!😃 Or maybe it’ll be a Chinese language update…you know, stuff we can use!

They could just use it for setting patterns, importing/exporting files, naming things, etc. If that’s even what they’re up to. Maybe it does have GPS and in the next update they’re gonna turn it on!😃 Or maybe it’ll be a Chinese language update…you know, stuff we can use!
Yeah, like the Chinese language and the checkbox for salt water we got with the 3030 🙄 I sure hope they do a better job at supporting the manticore for you guys.

Well, I stopped getting any responses about a week ago and at least for me it still doesn’t work.

After experiencing problems as well, especially to access FP's through Xchange2, I contacted Minelab and they sent me a "work around" measure that works fine, at least for me it does.
I'm sure they won't mind if anyone else tries using it:

"David

Thanks for you call. To get you up and running with XChange2 in the short term please use this work around.
  1. Run XChange2. Do not log in or use this application.
  2. Switch to your Internet Browser. Chrome or Chromium will work best.
  3. Click on the following link or copy and paste this link into your Internet Browser:
  4. http://127.0.0.1:8088/webapp/CompanionApp.html?locale=en
  5. Then log in through Xexchange2

Note that the address 127.0.0.1:8088 points your browser to your local computer and in this case the XChange2 local server"

Thank you! I got this today:
“Hi Joseph,

This issue has been highlighted to our Engineers, who are actively working on a resolution.

The issue is affecting all users and not related to your local machine.

I shall follow up to your mail once we have a solution in place.

Apologies for this inconvenience.

It is also possible to extract the GPS data directly from the CTX 3030 or the GPZ 7000 without using the XChange2 application if you require the GPS Data for other applications.”

"It is also possible to extract the GPS data directly from the CTX 3030 or the GPZ 7000 without using the XChange2 application if you require the GPS Data for other applications.”

That would be great. I wonder how?

They sent a PDF file, I wish I knew how to post that.

Hi Joseph,

We appreciate your patience and apologise for the delayed response.

I have just received the below short-term solution so that you can continue to use XChange2.
Please use the below work-around while we develop a permanent fix.

1. Run XChange2. Do not log in or use this application.
  2. Switch to your Internet Browser. Chrome or Chromium will work best.
  3. Click on the following link or paste this link into your Internet Browser. http://127.0.0.1:8088/webapp/CompanionApp.html?locale=en
That’s the last I received from them. I have not tried it yet.

Minelab finally updated Xchange 2 so it still works with Google maps, some time ago Xchange being so old was no longer compatible with Google maps and they've finally fixed the problem somewhat properly using a patch that runs in the background.

You can download the fix to your Xchange 2 (Windows) here

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/507670/XChange2-1.8.7-1.3.5-Hotfix.exe

XChange2 - Hotfix for mapping and pin fixes. (Released July 2023)

External interfaces used by XChange2 change over time which can affect the way that XChange2 needs to work. Installing the XChange2 Hotfix file after installing the XChange2 1.8.7-1.3.5 program will help XChange2 maintain it's compatibility with Google maps so that detectorists can continue to use the program as intended.

Step 1 - Download and install XChange2 1.8.7-1.3.5

Step 2 - Download and run XChange2-1.8.7-1.3.5-Hotfix.exe (This will take a few minutes.)

Step 3 - Restart your computer then run XChange2 as normal. (the Hotfix will run in the background.)

--- Note for Minelab, maintain its compatibility. 🙂