Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone else? Chatty when battery is low?

Trailduster

Has anyone else run the battery low and found the NOX's to be overly chatty?

This was a common occurrence with the Fisher f70 and f2 I had so I'm not concerned, just curious if anyone else found this to be true, or am I imagining it because of previous experience with my other machines?

I was running 25 sens the whole time and started out with only 1 bar of juice. It was about an hour into my hunt and the NOX was just all over the range no matter where I laid it or held it. It hit targets hard and accurate but acted like very bad EMI which I know not to be true where I was. Had to tune it down to 20 sense to get it to calm down.

Sounds like you found the culprit by lowering the sensitivity, emi. I have run mine completely dead and it worked like a champ till the end, by the way it will run a surprisingly long time with the red battery icon flashing.
Jeff

no, no difference from full bat to empty. Thats the beauty of using a voltage limiter and an auto-shut off when the voltage dips below required level.

I agree........ 25 sens. theres your issue not the battery. Ive ran mine low and the voltage is regulated well. Some of the older machines had that issue...... if the battery was over charged initially they were more sensitive to the surrounding ..... if they got down below half they lost depth. That problem has kind of disappeared with the new tech...... and lith batteries.

Just dyodd on my part

I haven't run the battery down that far before and like I said in op, I was at 25 for most of the hunt in a 50x70 area so I was over thinking the chatter I guess. I didn't expect emi to be an issue considering it wasn't an issue for 75% of my hunting time in a small patch ground and not many power lines near by.

....unless there was a "They Live" broadcast in the church basement? :unsure::blink::rofl:

EMI is weird and transient. You can hunt the same spot day after day after day and be different each time. Even when you can see the source of the EMI (overhead power lines and transformers) you wil still have days where suddenly you can get directly below them and have zero problems. Other day you wont get within 50 yards.

I have a beach....... that rarely causes EMI..... BUT.... when the wind blows i get it from power lines off the beach and affects most of my detectors. Also...... there is a point with sensitivity that you gain nothing more...... except that its harder to PP/locate the target.

The li-ion battery discharge curve is very flat until the end. Doubt if it is a low battery problem.