Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone ever replace the foam handle?

gunwolf

or just tape it up like I have in the past. Just wondering how hard it would be... besides Elmy's very cool setup has anyone ever modified their handle?

My F5 is split apart and needs replacing/fixing. It appears it was glued on originally so not sure if I can just slide/rip it off and replace with more foam or if I should just wrap it and go. I see there is some hell for stout plumber wrap that could be a permanent fix for a machine not necessarily used all the time. Im still researching options…….

What if they use this type of tape?

or just tape it up like I have in the past. Just wondering how hard it would be... besides Elmy's very cool setup has anyone ever modified their handle?
Im having a hard time finding a foam grip unless I order it cost more for shipping now a days but im still looking for a better alternative keep me informed if anyone finds anything.

Trying going to Lowes or Home Depot , look in the plumbing section for pipe insulation. They have 2 types. It comes in a 6 ft piece,, it is split , with a self sealing tape that will keep the insulation wrapped onto the pipe. 1 is a thicker piece of foam,, kind of open celled , the other is more of a closed cell , softer type . It may work,, I haven't tried it , but was going to check on it because I have the foam grip deteriorating on one of my detectors . Just might be worth checking out,, it's only just a few bucks for a 6 ft piece. Let me know if it works, in case I don't get around to trying it out before you all do .

On several of my detectors I have used the replacement baseball bat grips they sell in sporting goods stores. It comes as a roll of 1" wide cushioned tape. You can under lay plain foam tape if you want a thicker grip. Just finish it all off with a few wraps of HIGH quality black electrician's tape, top & bottom. It works very well but is not waterproof.

Trying going to Lowes or Home Depot , look in the plumbing section for pipe insulation. They have 2 types. It comes in a 6 ft piece,, it is split , with a self sealing tape that will keep the insulation wrapped onto the pipe. 1 is a thicker piece of foam,, kind of open celled , the other is more of a closed cell , softer type . It may work,, I haven't tried it , but was going to check on it because I have the foam grip deteriorating on one of my detectors . Just might be worth checking out,, it's only just a few bucks for a 6 ft piece. Let me know if it works, in case I don't get around to trying it out before you all do .
Hawgdawg, next time I go there I’ll look for it.
Thanks,
Tony

I've used the tennis racquet replacement tape from a sporting goods store, Dick's Sporting Goods, with good success. Did mine about a year and three quarters ago and it's holding up really well. just make sure you clean up the handle area where it goes well and it should stick without any problems.