Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know if Minelab has any plans on a new water detector coming out anytime soon

Degries

Just saved enough to finally buy an Excalibur ll but just wandering if Minelab could be coming out with a newer model anytime soon. It's getting close to the end of the water hunting season here in Michigan and thinking maybe wait until spring to see if anything new comes out. Or if there will be any price increase in the near future.

I don't know about any new units but it has been reported that ANOTHER price increase is in the works. I hope not.

Gold up-Dollar Down=count on price increase & why would they need a NEW water detector?? Pretty hard to beat the one they have

prices are going up this fall by 50.00 on several models results of the stimulus i,e printing money out of this air but a new tax is coming on gold as well if you buy 600.00 and up the dealer will have to fill out a 1099 on you you bad person , that is why its so hard to find 1/10th oz gold but hey if you buy gold you have to pay 20 to 25% mark up and if you sell is it not 90% of spot so you loose loose coming and going i would rather buy a detector at least it will make you money and you will not have to fill out a 1099 and be punished plus you earn no intrest on gold sitting in your hiding spot around the house , and lets hope you dont forget were you put it , in the bible , book of james he metions the rich heaping up gold and silver for the last days , is that what we see, I think so and mentions not paying the workers who mowed thear fileds IE inflation fraud. am i wrong on this ?

gunnarMn said:
prices are going up this fall by 50.00 on several models results of the stimulus i,e printing money out of this air but a new tax is coming on gold as well if you buy 600.00 and up the dealer will have to fill out a 1099 on you you bad person , that is why its so hard to find 1/10th oz gold but hey if you buy gold you have to pay 20 to 25% mark up and if you sell is it not 90% of spot so you loose loose coming and going i would rather buy a detector at least it will make you money and you will not have to fill out a 1099 and be punished plus you earn no intrest on gold sitting in your hiding spot around the house , and lets hope you dont forget were you put it , in the bible , book of james he metions the rich heaping up gold and silver for the last days , is that what we see, I think so and mentions not paying the workers who mowed thear fileds IE inflation fraud. am i wrong on this ?

Gold and the 1099's.............Almost makes you want to start digging the high tones

Got it from a friend that has a inside connection with minelabs,.......... on a new water machine............................nothing coming soon, but that does not mean their not working on something for the future

For water hunting there would be no depth or other advantages to building a FBS machine. The Sovereign and Excal get just as deep as an Etrac or Explorer and has better audio to boot. In fact, some think BBS machines work even better in sand and some other soils, so I don't see any advantage to a new model. Now, they could come out with a hardware upgrade to the Excal. Make it more reliable and such. That would be an idea.

having a new Excal 3 with changeable coils and headphones, more flexible cables system, more reliable knobs.......minelabs would sell a boat load of them....... just wish full thinking :shrug:

Rob - Wishfull thinking for sure, but I wouldn't mind a battery indicator light on both the detector and charger as well.

IF they are thinking of a machine .... they have dabbled in the PI area. Id like to see a PI with at least 2 tones. I really think they havent done much with PIs. I think the biggest down fall to the Explorers is they are small gold dead compared to the Sov. If they changed that RANDOM pulse for their channels and set it like BBS they might get an improvement. BUT..... like was said, why do much if you have a good part of the hype and market with the Xcal. Just like the Etrac.... why come out with any more than new bells and whistles? It up to the other companies to catch up or produce. Fisher had some hype with the AT Pro.... but problems kind of hurt.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
IF they are thinking of a machine .... they have dabbled in the PI area. Id like to see a PI with at least 2 tones. I really think they havent done much with PIs. I think the biggest down fall to the Explorers is they are small gold dead compared to the Sov. If they changed that RANDOM pulse for their channels and set it like BBS they might get an improvement. BUT..... like was said, why do much if you have a good part of the hype and market with the Xcal. Just like the Etrac.... why come out with any more than new bells and whistles? It up to the other companies to catch up or produce. Fisher had some hype with the AT Pro.... but problems kind of hurt.

Dew

The pulse idea as a water detector is a great idea. They do make these for land already and having tones or some type of ID for a pulse seems to be a cure for the dig all that you have to do with them.
Have no idea where you get the idea the Explorers are "small gold dead compared to the Sov", if anything they are better.

A waterproof GPX 5000 would be expensive but can you imagine the craters you would have to dig. I'll have to agree with erikk. HH :minelab:

Sorry neil.... just dont agree. Ive ran some tiny gold across the Explorer that i found with the Xcal and it dont register. The Explorers coil seems to have a larger HALO foot print and the Sov/Xcal is very focused under the coil. Im just starting out on the Xcal.... so still crawling, but ive got a little experience with the Explorers. So im hoping you are wrong about the Explorers being better.

Dew

Rob in (Ca) said:
having a new Excal 3 with changeable coils and headphones, more flexible cables system, more reliable knobs.......minelabs would sell a boat load of them....... just wish full thinking :shrug:
U mean like this?

GunnarMN said:
That tax was removed and is no longer an issue 2 months ago. Sure am glad I bought gold (rare coins MS 61-62) rather than get the super high interest in MM or CD's No interest on gold lets see....bought @ $600-700 now worth $2200 & rising HMMMMM

All seriousness aside........

I hear that they are going to offer Excaliburs with a straight shaft, better headphones with a Doc's treasure amp, optional WOT or SEF coils with waterproof connectors and a 1600 MAH battery. Also going to have the Mel Parker / OldBeechnut pin point / discriminate switch. It will be priced less than the standard Excalibur and will be called the ExceptionalExcalibur. That's the rumor I'm starting. I won't say who they are that are making the offer. Could be your local metal detector dealer!

If only Minelab would listen to us!

Finderskeeper said:
All seriousness aside........

I hear that they are going to offer Excaliburs with a straight shaft, better headphones with a Doc's treasure amp, optional WOT or SEF coils with waterproof connectors and a 1600 MAH battery. Also going to have the Mel Parker / OldBeechnut pin point / discriminate switch. It will be priced less than the standard Excalibur and will be called the ExceptionalExcalibur. That's the rumor I'm starting. I won't say who they are that are making the offer. Could be your local metal detector dealer!

If only Minelab would listen to us!
Never happen as the PP switch would eliminate it for diving use along with the straight shaft Everything mentioned is now available as a mod if you want it.

You are right. Probably won't happen. But how many people dive with the Excalibur? Most of the ones I see are used either on dry sand or wet sand and in neck deep water. So having a detector rated to 250 feet is overkill. 10 feet is good enough for me.

Finderskeeper said:
You are right. Probably won't happen. But how many people dive with the Excalibur? Most of the ones I see are used either on dry sand or wet sand and in neck deep water. So having a detector rated to 250 feet is overkill. 10 feet is good enough for me.
Sure am glad U don't run Minelab:rofl: