Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

April 9th, 2013

FooserPaul

Let me just start with.... I LOVE MY CTX 3030 !!!

I went to a small park tonight that I stopped visiting 2+ years ago... You can walk around this park in 90 seconds... It is between a marina and the Amtrack Railway...

This was the first place I hunted with my Bounty Hunter Landstar and I still remember getting my 1st Indian Head Penny (188:geek: there 5 years ago... I recovered 10+ Indians, 2 Shield Nickels, a few Merc's and a couple of buffalo's... but I always felt there was older silver there...

There is lots of deep lead and large pieces of rusting iron at this site... but its been 2 years and I'm armed with my 3030 now :)

I had started at a park close by this place and had some clad and 5 Wheaties in my pouch...

I first decent signal was a sharp chirp of a 42, but not very deep... 4-5"... It is a super thin barber dime...

1900 Barber Dime...

[attachment 262599 592013_1900Barber1.jpg]

There was some older silver here :) and now it is in my possession... :happy:

Next up was a nickel signal... and as Usual the condition is... weak... but there is a date... 1901...

[attachment 262600 592013_1901V_Nickel.jpg]

next up was the nice mid 30's sound aka.... as 1899 Indian...

[attachment 262601 592013_1899IH.jpg]

The next 3 recovered targets where all within a 10 foot circle... and sounded almost like an Indian Penny... but also sounded like deep iron... Well they were deep pieces of lead...

New York, New Haven, & Hartford Rail Roads Lead Seals...

[attachment 262602 592013_NYNHHRR_Seal.jpg]

The next recovered target I shot video of (and will get up tomorrow), its was not the best signal, but I was pretty sure it was deep silver @ 7"...

A 2nd 1900 Barber Dime...

[attachment 262603 592013_1900Barber2.jpg]

5 Minutes later I for a 10" signal that I was pretty sure was iron... but it was a small encrusted coin...

1867 Indian Head Penny...

[attachment 262604 592013_1867IH.jpg]

I grew up right next to one of the New York New Haven and Hartford lines here in New York, it was called the Maybrook line. One time while detecting along it I found one of the train brake wheels.

Congratulations on those great finds (April 7th also). I also like my CTX. They just find stuff that other machines didn't. Thanks for the pictures and post. HH :minelab:

Wow Paul - what a couple of great days you've had! Old silver, injuns, "interesting" injuns, awesome buttons, etc, etc. Simply outstanding.