Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are there any 8" Excal coils left on the market?

Lost a 800 coil this weekend, machine just started acting up..swapped to a 10..the machine works fine. Got one 800 in reserve thank god, I need to put up a WTB asap..

bklein said:
Do you use an anterconnect system or hardwire?

4 Excalibur,............... two with 3m coil connectors and two hardwired. The one that went down had the coil connectors, so I put a ten inch stock coil on it.

Picture of the excalibur with and I think you remember the kits,....... I No longer do any work on excaliburs and no longer do any kits.

What I do now, 2018 for the year..as of 07/29/2018

Was your switch a momentary or off-on? I ask because on another thread they are recommending a momentary switch and I’d rather have on-off.

Mine are On/off. I used a momentary years ago and did not like since there are times disc is needed to hunt in...rare but it does happen.

These toggles last about 3 to 4 years with heavy use. But the secret to keeping them alive in saltwater is to make sure the back, the sides and the top are sealed with just the toggle and some of the housing left exposed.

You can add a toggle boot but it's not needed for they are IP68, I only hunt in the saltwater and they do very well without.