Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are there any excelerator coils that would work on the GB dp or G2?

Not that I know of, you really can't get get any better than the 11"dd Biaxial coil............Mark

I didn't think there were, but just curious. I have just read how much more depth they add and I could just imagine, if so, how the dp or G2 would do with one. Really do appreciate the info you guys give on this forum. I can't wait for my new machine to arrive.
Be cool,
Willie

Just another bit of info if ya'll don't mind. A little while back, i think it was SGoss66, said that when he got a very faint audible signal , that the detector still gave numbers that corresponded with what was in the ground, even though he could barely hear it. Is that true? If it is, that is awesome. What a valuable piece of information to help in digging the good stuff.
Willie

That is one of the best attributes of the GB/G2 platform along with the ultimate separation capabilities and immunity to emi.

Take care
Bob

Big B, I've been an ole analog guy for years. But I can't wait to get this machine in the field. I know it's what I've been looking for.
Thanks, Willie

I really like the 5 inch. You may want to consider it even though it is smaller. I agree with MO about that 11 inch but if there is very much trash you will appreciate the 5 inch. HH :teknetics:

Hey, 2 Much Trash, yes, that was me about the "VDI" with depth being real good. It is not PERFECT -- at a few inches, a memorial penny will hit a solid, non-varying 83 on my machine, and it won't do that at 8". However, down there at 8" to 10", where the tone begins to tend toward being a quiet whisper, the VDI might read, on successive sweeps "82-77-74-85-80-81-71-87-77-75-83-86-79" or something like that. With a zinc hitting in the mid 70s, a nickel in the upper 50s, and a quarter in the upper 80s, it is clear that the range of VDI that I gave in my example says, very clearly, "this is likely a copper penny or dime type of target, so DIG it." To me, I call this VERY GOOD VDI on a target which sits near the fringe depth capability of the machine. No, it's not a steady 83, but if you average those low to mid 70s to low to mid 80s tones, you end up very close to that 83 number which says "dime/penny." One other trick, is if you get a high, but slightly bouncy VDI, pinpoint the target, and then do quick but short sweeps over the exact center of the pinpointed target, and it tends to steady out, a bit, the bouncy VDIs into a tighter range of numbers.

If you want, I can hit the test garden, and run over my fringe depth targets with, say, ten sweeps, and report the exact results. Keep in mind, though, my test garden is only a month old, so it will not give as accurate of VDI as would be likely with a coin that has sat 50 years in undisturbed soil.

Steve

Steve that right, What kind of ground do you have here in Georgia things tend to be with in the 3 to 10 inch range. All the red clay, which is iron. :thumbup:

Ken --

I think our soil is probably similar to what you have, though maybe not quite as much "amount" of iron, but mostly red clay is what we have here. My Fe3O4 is usually only about 1 bar, so it's not excessively mineralized at ALL. But yes, irony, red clay here.

Steve