Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

As a Dealer, I get a lot of ......

The $764.15 is the price I paid also. My dealer told me on 12/11/17 that very few machines will be out in December. Minelab is talking January/ February now. Good luck to all.

My dealer couldnt tell me the price yet...... so are you guys going to get an additional up charge if it changes........ or are the rest of us? Im hoping they really do appreciate our service....... but it sells more detectors too for those that were on the fence.

My 15% will be applied in the final payment, email this morning said "Status of your order has been changed" "New Fulfillment
status Processing"
Whereas the first Email in November just said order confirmed.

Wow, this should not be so hard to nail down. I paid up front and have my PIF receipt. Knowing how often people reserve sale with multiple dealers then take the first or cheapest and cancel the rest, I paid for my order so it is a firm, serious order and hopefully should get a serious response.

If Minelab sets the discount for all dealers, they should eat it. Should and is are not always the same.

pasttom said:
If Minelab sets the discount for all dealers, they should eat it. Should and is are not always the same.

And since minelab IS setting the discount, it should be deducted from whatever price my dealer and I agree to. If Minelab is footing 15% of $899 ($134.85) then is my dealer will sell me (and anyone else) the detector for $800, then the vet discount should be added and as a vet I get to buy it for $665.15

Shudda, coulda, woooda...

I’m pretty convinced that what my dealer told me is the true word. Namely that just like the ML site says, it’s 15% off the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) - and based on what my guy said - I believe that the 15% is split somehow between ML and the dealer.

This was a great arrangement when they were trying to flog old models or overpriced stuff like the gold machines or the CTX. It works a bit different with the E’nox. Now the dealer could - for a while - reasonably ask full MAP - “If you don’t want this one - the next guy does”... but because of the Vet deal, he has to eat half (or thereabouts) of 15%

I know this kind of analysis probably bores the you-know-what out of my forum pals - I can’t help it - I spent 30 years as a buyer and contracts administrator - a lot of it doing what is called “price analysis”. Actually kind of fun - stretches your brain.

I am told 765.00 is the price for me with Military Discount. I am happy with that. Since the price is only 899.00 to start it is is hard to discount it too far down. The E-trac was only 1200.00 for me delivered. However it has a very large Retail price. THe 800 will be 765 for me Delivered no tax free shipping. I have a great relationship with my dealer and will be the 4th detector from him in 4 years. It has been a give and take and I feel I have done well over the long haul. I do not plan to squeeze the dealer until he Screams.

Rick..... maybe not on the new machines, but for the most part i could always find a dealer willing to give me and about anyone else...... without calling it a military discount, 15% off a machines MAP. I believe you are right...... trying to keep the price at MAP is their goal here..... so i hope im not wrong about how they REALLY feel about my service. Anyone know if this discount applies to OVERSEAS sales as well? My understanding was ....... if i get the military discount.... thats it. It cant be used with any other deal the dealer makes with you...... but we know how that goes .... and really think about it..... like they said these things are going to sell like hot cakes at first.

You could even find dealers that would ship whites machines before they would allow that.
Just have to shop around.

Who that has taken a military discount has provided a COPY of mil ID or discharge papers for the
dealer to KEEP. ?? ( not just show it)

And you dealers. What form do you fill out & attach the copy above to prove you extended the discount
properly to get BACK the 15% off. If ML just took your word they would already be out of biz & Equinox would
just be a mountain in S. Vermont to me.

I spent 40 yrs in consumer electronics. Even for a free T-shirt you needed at minimum of a bill of sale & filled out
warranty card with matching SN#'s Bigger things required even more proof often.

On the best deal try & support your local dealer if you have one. When ready ask for the CASH price. Not using
a credit card saves them 2% or more. I have taken "rewards" cards at as high as 6% ! Thats real money......
Tom
LFOD!