Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Astrophotography with a Cellphone

Coin Rescue Inc

I sort of rekindled my interest in Telescopes since I had one in 1960 as a child. Back then I took photos of the moon and planets with a 35mm camera.
Today: I found a used telescope in March and bought it. I am learning how to use my cell phone to do photos.
(Night Hobby)
20230714_052630.jpg

Attachments

• 20230714_052950.jpg
    20230714_052950.jpg
    915.7 KB · Views: 67
To elborate on camera settings I have a samsung cell phone and use the Pro mode.
The cell phone is attached to the telescope Eye piece with a clamp called a NexYZ device. The device has 3 adjustment knobs to put the lense up or down, left or right. The 3rd knob brings the cell phone closer or farther away

The cell phone also accepts a blue tooth trigger remote to activate the shutter. That way yo do not need to touch the cell phone

Nice images. I had the 12.5 dob.
# 2 son sort of borrowed it permanently.
Today I use a Sony A6000. Love it.
Bought it used excellent cond.
Phone control app makes it Awesome.
Get nice one here at a good price. Where I got mine.

Today I use an EQ6 pro tracking mount with numerous different scopes. Sadly haven't been strong enough to use it last few years. Heavy.

If I were starting again I'd prefer this camera.
Has the IR lense removed for deep space astrography.

Photo of the 10" Dobsonian telescope
Nice scope. I loved the two inch 5× Barlow on it.
I found eyepiece filters critical for moon imaging.
My favorite is watching the Terminator line as it crosse's the moon. Many interesting objects there.
Ever watch this guys videos ?
He uses an old satellite imaging program that converts gray scale to 3D image's.
You won't believe what he shows.
He has some incredible equipment I can only dream of. Enjoy ...
Bruce See's All. Yotub.

This morning photo. Iso 200 and 125th shurrers speed with cell phone

Attachments

• 20230721_053401.jpg
    20230721_053401.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 64