Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At a crossroads

I have used the Nox 600 for several years now and have had great success. But I am wanting to upgrade to a better machine but I am not sure which way to go. Should I wait on the Manitcore and stick with Minelab or go with another brand? It seems many like the Deus II, but I am familiar with Minelab and really don't want to learn a whole new system. On the flip side I've heard mixed reviews on the Manticore. If you were going to upgrade from the 600, what would you go with?

I will! I have had success with the 600 and a Manticore would have been nice but for what we are going to do and the fact that we are both retire,I just couldn't justify the extra 500.00 the Manticore cost's.
My son has been wanting to get into it as well, so it gives me an excuse to upgrade. lol Just not sure which route to go. I do like the idea of the 900 for cheaper, but that Manticore looks nice.

I have used the Nox 600 for several years now and have had great success. But I am wanting to upgrade to a better machine but I am not sure which way to go. Should I wait on the Manitcore and stick with Minelab or go with another brand? It seems many like the Deus II, but I am familiar with Minelab and really don't want to learn a whole new system. On the flip side I've heard mixed reviews on the Manticore. If you were going to upgrade from the 600, what would you go with?
Don't have a Manticore. But I used the 800 for a few years. I've been using the Deus II for about a year now. Just got the 900 about a month ago.
In my opinion the Minelabs have better sounding tones on a five tone program. Especially on deeper targets.
When I'm using the 900 I enjoy it but miss the Deus II. And the same when I'm using the Deus II, I want to be using the 900.
I think coming from the 600 you would be happy with the 900. I don't like the shaft not having an alignment pin though.
From what I've seen, the Manticore my have a slight performance advantage over the 900 in some situations but it's close. In my opinion not worth the difference in price. Unless you are a big beach hunter.
And you can get a 900 for about $1000, most dealers don't want to give a discount on the Manticore just yet. Most.

I'm in Brown County, how about you? I've been a member of TreasureNet for years but came across this group recently. Been detecting most of my life but really got back into it about 2-3 years ago. Now I go pretty much every weekend somewhere.
I'm in Llano county. I had the 900, upgraded to Manticore and used the 800 for 5 years before that. I would say which machine you decide on depends on the type of hunting you do. You would have a pretty seamless transition with either one.

Don't have a Manticore. But I used the 800 for a few years. I've been using the Deus II for about a year now. Just got the 900 about a month ago.
In my opinion the Minelabs have better sounding tones on a five tone program. Especially on deeper targets.
When I'm using the 900 I enjoy it but miss the Deus II. And the same when I'm using the Deus II, I want to be using the 900.
I think coming from the 600 you would be happy with the 900. I don't like the shaft not having an alignment pin though.
From what I've seen, the Manticore my have a slight performance advantage over the 900 in some situations but it's close. In my opinion not worth the difference in price. Unless you are a big beach hunter.
And you can get a 900 for about $1000, most dealers don't want to give a discount on the Manticore just yet. Most.
Appreciate the info. I've never detected on a beach before so I have no experience there. I mainly hunt homesites and parks. I've been looking at the 900 pretty close and I like it. I probably should've bought the 800 instead of the 600 but I had always used a Garrett so wasnt real sure. I've found plenty with the 600 but just ready to upgrade. I don't want to make a 1000 mistake. lol

I'm in Llano county. I had the 900, upgraded to Manticore and used the 800 for 5 years before that. I would say which machine you decide on depends on the type of hunting you do. You would have a pretty seamless transition with either one.
There are some awesome sites in Llano. Everytime I go through there I want to do some detecting. I went to the TAMDC hunt in Llano about this time last year. Had a great time.

There are some awesome sites in Llano. Everytime I go through there I want to do some detecting. I went to the TAMDC hunt in Llano about this time last year. Had a great time.
There used to be awesome sites in Llano :) I went to the TAMDC as well, went back after the seeded hunt and picked up a few silver coins left behind.

Its off the highway just south of San Saba in a cow pasture. You can still see the frame. I haven't done much research on it but landowners should be pretty easy to locate. If you get to hunt it, give me a shout.
Ok, I found it on google. That might be worth looking into. Hopefully the vegetation isn't too bad this time of the year.

Last edited: