Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

August Bootcamp Coming To Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Andy Sabisch

Logistics are the hurdle we have in scheduling Bootcamps in areas where people want us to hold one. Flying is a challenge due to the amount of material we bring to these events and even stretching the drive distance to 10+ hours each way, we are limited to where we can meet the demand for them.

We have locked in the next 2017 Bootcamp which will be in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on August 27th. As with other Bootcamps, it is an all day event so we will be starting at 8AM and wrapping up around 5PM to 6PM with a portion being classroom style and the other an in-field session.

Cities and distance to Cedar Rapids include the following:

• Iowa City, IA – 30 minutes
• Davenport, IA – 1.5 hours
• Cordova, IL – 1.5 hours
• Des Moines, IA – 2 hours
• Peoria, IL – 2.75 hours
• Madison, WI – 2.75 hours
• Omaha, NE – 4 hours

Details on what the Bootcamp consists of can be found at www.MinelabFBSBootcamp.com along with past Bootcamps and some finds / feedback from attendees.

Space is limited to ensure one-on-one instruction can be provided.

We just wrapped up a pair in Winchester, VA and Wilkes-Barre, PA and the feedback from attendees has been great as have the finds that they have been making since returning home.

We would love to get a chance to meet some of you in person and hope you can make it to this Bootcamp

Andy & Charlene Sabisch

Thanks for holding this in my neck of the woods I was hoping you guys would come out here. I just registered and am looking forward to it.

Andy, have you been involved testing the new minelab coming out this September 16th?

Just joined this great forum after lurking for a few years. I just attended Andy's and Charlene's Bootcamp in Woodhaven, Michigan and can't thank them enough. With over fifty years of detecting experience, Andy will explain every function of the CTX and the E-Trac in great detail. I'm already finding targets in areas I've detected before. If you can possibly attend, do it! You won't be disappointed!

sd51 said:
Just joined this great forum after lurking for a few years. I just attended Andy's and Charlene's Bootcamp in Woodhaven, Michigan and can't thank them enough. With over fifty years of detecting experience, Andy will explain every function of the CTX and the E-Trac in great detail. I'm already finding targets in areas I've detected before. If you can possibly attend, do it! You won't be disappointed!

What are you doing now that you weren't doing before you went to the seminar?

sprchng, I wasn't using the best coil when searching the high-trash areas for keepers. I purchased the 6x8 sef coil from Andy and Charlene and using his patterns and settings, I pulled a 1918 wheat penny at 6" that was next to nails. Very happy with the results!

sprchng and others that question the need of attending a Bootcamp . . . .

Each of the Bootcamps is tailored to what the attendees are looking for based on experience, type of targets, area(s) they search, etc. This is why we send out a questionnaire to customize the classes to the people attending. The reason is that one person might say "I already knew that" another will say "Wow, that's something new" and vice-versa. So asking "What are you doing now that you weren't doing before you went to the seminar?" tends to result in a follow-up post along the lines of "I do not need to go since I already knew that"

Is the Bootcamp for everyone? Probably not if you feel you have the unit down pat and your finds support that. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that might have gotten their detector online and do not have someone to show them adjustments in the field or want to really understand what each function does and when to adjust it for maximum performance. Some of what we cover clicks immediately while other material takes a little while which is why we continue to stay in touch with attendees via a newsletter and one-on-one instruction as follow-up, often when they are in the field with a question.

But the real answer to your question "What are you doing now that you weren't doing before you went to the seminar?" would be "Finding stuff that I wasn't finding before" and how they do that is different for each person based on the feedback received and what was the "ah-hah" moment for them.

Andy Sabisch

sd51 said:
sprchng, I wasn't using the best coil when searching the high-trash areas for keepers. I purchased the 6x8 sef coil from Andy and Charlene and using his patterns and settings, I pulled a 1918 wheat penny at 6" that was next to nails. Very happy with the results!

Coil selection is a terrific adaptation to different locations.

I have signed up for this bootcamp. I find it interesting that people say I don't need that. And you know what they are exactly right - they don't need it. I don't need it - I want to go. The price is minimal I don't know how they make money at this. And the chance to meet Andy and learn from him and his experience, and meeting with other enthusiasts of the hobby is priceless, to me.

So I don't need this bootcamp - life would go on without it no doubt. I wanna go. Good enough for me. If it seems like a waste of time and money to you then just don't go. But to me, it's worth every cent. I'm really looking forward to it. It's about a four hour drive each way for me, but I'm going to be there.

GroundHug , I couldn't agree with you more:thumbup: , spending your hard earned money on something you want in life is one of it's simple pleasures.
I'll be waiting to hear what your "ah-hah" moment was when you get back.

I've been detecting since 1978 & I will be attending this event. It will be fun & I'm sure this "old dog" will learn some new tricks!

Iowa Dale

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest in Cedar Rapids . . . and I always pick up some tidbit myself at each Bootcamp we conduct . . . . just one thing can make all the difference in teh field and the more tricks I have in my bag, the more successful I find myself being in the field. I know each of you will come away with techniques that can reopen ols sites and work new ones

Andy & Charlene