Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aunt Jemima leads to a silver day

ironsight

Warning.... slightly long story, may even be boring to some but it is what it is.
Was it co-incidence, a preminition, something spookier or what?

It all started last Saturday morning when i was all out of breakfast type food. Remembered i had some frozen pancakes in the freezer somewhere. Found em and when ready to plop them in the micro i discovered i was also out of pancake syrup. Had to forget the pancakes but now i really had a taste for them, maybe tomorrow morning.

Ended up at the grocery later in the day, now i always buy pure maple syrup but noticed the Aunt Jemima syrup on the shelf. H'mm, hadn't had it for years so something compelled me to buy the Aunt Jemima syrup.
Next morning Sunday had my pancakes with smoothered-on Aunt Jemima syrup before heading out to a park where myself and every body's brother had pounded for some detecting. OK got my pancake fix!

When i got to the park i seen the park manager who i've gotten to know over the years. Strange, Sunday is his usual day off!
He flagged me down and indicated he might have some good news. He had this old turn of the Century photo taken in the park that shows a large crowd of people. Problem was we couldn't figure out what area of the park that old photo was taken. A lot has changed there in over a hundred years. Seems he showed this old timer the photo and was pretty sure he knew where that picture was taken.

I went to that little used area of the park and this blew my mind, the first target i dug up was this:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o273/moparado/auntjemima_zps9a51933d.jpg

At first it looked like a pirate or something until i cleaned it and seen the words 'Aunt Jemima' spelled backwards!
Its an old lead linotype printing stamp probably for advertising Aunt Jemima syrup in a newpaper.
After a few hours detecting in that area i dug up these along with a bunch of clad:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o273/moparado/jemimacoins_zpsbb0fe806.jpg

There just might be a run on Aunt Jemima syrup now! LOL

Next week think of something Gold Medal brand made for breakfast.....................:bouncy:

Now that is a great story! Congratulations on the finds and thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Very nice !

you made your coin pic match your aunt jemima pic......

great now I want pancakes and I know I don't have any syrup. :drool:

good finds my friend!:thumbup:

Elton said:
Next week think of something Gold Medal brand made for breakfast.....................:bouncy:

LOL! Now thats an idea worth trying! I like it!
or
Before heading out to detect i might try a steak 'n eggs breakfast at a local Golden Corral Restaraunt
or
Have an Egg McMuffin breakfast at the Golden Arches!
:heh:

What i dont't want to do before detecting is to drink a beverage out of a can and find nothing but these::pulltab::pulltab::pulltab:

ironsight said:
Elton said:

LOL! Now thats an idea worth trying! I like it!
or
Before heading out to detect i might try a steak 'n eggs breakfast at a local Golden Corral Restaraunt
or
Have an Egg McMuffin breakfast at the Golden Arches!
:heh:

What i dont't want to do before detecting is to drink a beverage out of a can and find nothing but these::pulltab::pulltab::pulltab:

LOL........... Nope don't touch anything that has a tab on it........:rofl:

good stuff...!!!! Next maybe think "I've got to get to the BARBERshop and have the BARBER cut my SILVER hair"