Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Auto vs Manual Noise Cancel

bklein

I got curious about noise cancel on the CTX as I was doing pretty good at finding targets (not good ones though) but forgot to NC. It was a 10 but auto suggested I think a 2. A 2 brought on a beep of the sound of perhaps the last target found on just about every swing. I’ve had days where it behaved like this but this time I wasn’t going to let it go so I went back to a manual NC of 10. The extra bleep was gone. It was interesting that if I put it in manual NC like this there sometimes was an immediate long tone after setting a manual setting. This kind of had simularities to the Equinox recovery speed in that for me it was a usability setting. Something to play with if targets are scarce and you have the time. Just leave the manual setting screen up and change it (takes a few seconds to work but you may get the long tone immediately).

My Explorer2 does that too,selecting a manual number sometimes brings on a long HOOT....why? Dunno. Goofy as hell though. Here’s another anomaly...when I am running a manual GROUND BALANCE(bobbing the coil to balance with GB box CHECKED),when it’s done and I locate a target,the FECO numbers will hang,and then start going berserk,like some kind of countdown. It’ll do this for about 5-6 seconds and then collect itself and work normally. I’m pretty sure I’ve only seen the numbers go wild like this after I’m done manually ground balancing the machine. Not sure why it does it,I wonder if this is common....

Mine does this sometimes but when I pinpoint and it starts jumping around like that I just pinpoint, lay the center of the coil dead over my target and not moving
it at all, the jumping stops and it displays the correct numbers and depth for that target and doesn't do it again for a while. I suspect though that there are
multiple (deep) targets below that are just too deep to show up on the screen.