Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Awesome 18k Gold ring with the first day out with 12x15 sef.

burlbark

I cant believe it. Anther gold ring today. Victorian beauty, I thought it was going to be a crusty zincoln penny 5" down with iron masking it. It was in the side of the hole and I have to go back and sift the dirt and try and find the stone. You have to dig them pull tab signals.:clapping:

I promised a review on the 12x15 SEF but all I can say is it makes all your hunting ground like new and has a razor sharp field and allows the gain to be run at 1-4 and you get hardly any falsing but still get "Huge depth".

It may have a huge footprint, but it allows the detector to do all the work. Our old field started giving up quarters at the 10" range (gain at 10, disc at 82 Mixed mode, 5 hz band pass, 60 recovery delay). This is with a good signal. I cannot wait to try 2.5 frequency by itself. We had hunted out just about every positive vdi there, the grass is now 3-4" higher and I could not dig all the signals I was seeing with this coil.

It is extremely sensitive on small objects, I remember the old big coils not being good on small coins. This is not the case with this coil, it will find everything worth finding. I could not belive the depth that I got on some of the really small aluminum bottle rings. These are less than a half a gram and would not fit on your pinky, yet the detector coil combination would lock onto them perfectly at 5" and 2-3" of swing over height.

I only found one piece of iron by itself today and it was part of an old misery whip, down around 11". The rest of the iron in the photos was found in the holes of non ferrous targets.

The detecting field on the this coil is huge and is slightly hard to pinpoint with becuase it is so large. It would not be good at a school field or a city park unless you are using a really good pinpointer. I may get better with it but its nothing like a 950 or super 12, where you know right where your target is.

The ring is hall marked 18k and was tarnished, it had been in the ground a long time. The setting is so pretty that I am sure it paid for my coil the first day out, actually within the first 4 hours of hunting.:crazy:

I must add, I purchased a swing thing harness to go with this coil and it is a definite must have. You could wing without it but you will wear yourself out.

Very nice! Let us know if you find the stone....looks like a big one!

Sweet! Glad to know the 12x15 SEF does great! I was thinking of some options for my new V3i. I had a SEF 12x15 on a T2 I had, and it was amazing on that detector as well. Different detector, but I remember the depth and seperation were fantastic.

Looks like you need a sifter to look for the stone.

[attachment 260957 Super.jpg]

Trackerman said:
Nice find what machine?

The only one I use anymore. "None" of the others found gold like the v3i.

I got 2 gold plated items today and am headed out to find some more in the minutes to come. I hunted in our hunted out field and pulled another half dozen coins out. No silver, but still deep quarters and clad. The gold coin is there waiting.

That ring really cleaned up nice and pretty.........:thumbup:

Thanks you guys. I love sharing finds. I went back and took 3 shovels of dirt and rinsed and sifted. No stone to be found anywhere.

Maybe the previous owner threw the ring away after losing the stone......:lmfao:

wasp said:
Maybe the previous owner threw the ring away after losing the stone......:lmfao:

You may actually be correct. I have found half a dozen pieces of jewerly in this area that have been broken or tossed in the garbage dump. There is such a thing as being "stupid rich", back in the day.

mortamus said:
You will find even more with the 6x10 and even more with the 4x6 coils with that machine.:detecting:
Thanks for the heads up..... I got a couple of different coils for it. I have half a dozen or more. Each one for a different mood.

Congrats on the success with the big coil. That ring has some nice work to it, finding gold is a great reward!

Howdy burlbark--

Congratulations on digging a very nice piece of jewelery! Also, thanks for your impressions of that 12x15 SEF coil. That may be just the coil that I need to get that gold coin that I know is hiding at that relic site that I've been hunting for the last 12 years. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel