Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from Minelab repairs complete?

Buried Crap NJ

The Detector came back UPS on Friday I wasn't home so I received it today. New grip new handle new upper shaft new lower shaft new cam lock.
Left on Feb. 7th home on the 21st 14 days is out standing service. I do need to contact them as they did not replace a screw in the back of the screen!
Other than that great customer service. I did call and it rang for nearly a minute before the answering service pick up. I left a message!
BCNJ

That is great service. I think you may use your machine more in a beach hunting environment than anyone else and have brought to some of us what to be on the look out for as far as maintenance and problems. Glad you are back in business. Thanks for posting and thanks to Minelab. HH :minelab:

I have mostly used it in the beach arena! Talking with Darin (Head Tec) I am going to silicone the area's that seem to be a problem area. Just a tiny 1/16th bead will do the trick. This will prevent sand from getting in.
BCNJ

I use it in the beach mostly too. They have mine for the same problems right now. Awaiting to hear the outcome of mine. Hopefully they are consistent in their CS! Darrin is who I have been emailing and he is responsive and helpful. Will let you guys know.

I might have to do the silicone thing myself. I actually thought shrink tubing would be a better fix since it will form evenly and protect the whole rod. They make a clear shrink tubing that I ordered and will try it out.

That's pretty quick, Steve. Now go out and get some gold (I forgot what it looks like). Matt

I am going to either use Permatex or silicone on both sides of the grip where the grey meets the carbon fiber . A tiny 1/16 or 1/8 bead will do the trick.I am leaning towards high temp permatex as it doesn't peel as easy as silicone!
BCNJ

I today received screws from Minelab to put in where the one was missing. I was send a complete set of screws to replace all. But only replaced the missing one. I am glad I don't have to send it back, but I can help but wonder after talking with the Technician. He said screw missing oh I pressure tested it and it tested good! I'll send you some screws just put one in! I hope they do a NDI type test and not a real water test and some day I'll have an issue with water that got in during testing?
BCNJ

Pressure tested with a missing screw? Make sure they document this in case an issue arises in the future. Hopefully it won't.

This was the email received today after posting...

"Steve, I see you got the screws. I assure you the machine passed our pressure testing at 8.5psi. There is a method in which you remove the screws one at a time and replace. I never opened the GUI. If for some reason the machine takes on water
I

Good to know Steve, thanks for posting! Guess we know that Darin followed the forum post. My CTX is scheduled to be delivered today, back from repairs similar to yours, I haven't hit on gold since it left, can't wait to get it back home! Got a new 17" coil here to test out too.

Cliff

Makes me feel better being a new owner of a CTX. :thumbup:

I got mine back from Minelab and Darin fixed I up really good. I am going to put some permatex or F4 tape on the area it chaffed before so I do not have to worry about this new shaft they replaced. They also replaced the grip assembly and a few other things that are unrelated and minor.