Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from the Tropics with Equinox 800

don tyler

Got back from a 10 day trip, was water hunting with my Equinox 800 and using my Nox Coiltek 14x9 coil. Not many finds but was able to pick up three nice rings two 14k rings one with dia. chips and one 10k gold ring plus and real nice 585 religious pendent. plus a few pieces of 925 silver the tree of life pendent is gold plated silver. the larger 14k gold ring weighs 8.25 grams. Don Coco Tyler Merrimack NH

Attachments

• IMG_6575.JPG
    IMG_6575.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_6573.JPG
    IMG_6573.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 165
Got back from a 10 day trip, was water hunting with my Equinox 800 and using my Nox Coiltek 14x9 coil. Not many finds but was able to pick up three nice rings two 14k rings one with dia. chips and one 10k gold ring plus and real nice 585 religious pendent. plus a few pieces of 925 silver the tree of life pendent is gold plated silver. the larger 14k gold ring weighs 8.25 grams. Don Coco Tyler Merrimack NH
Awesome
Congratulations

Great job and some awesome finds!

Not sure where this is coming from [gold rings at 19 tid]????
Gold rings will range from 3 - 24 (personal experience), typically, and reports have them coming in as low as 1 and as high as 26. Small gold rings (eg 1g) will ring in at low tid numbers like 5 and heavy gold rings will typically be higher tid numbers like 12 and above. The ring at 1.41g was a "9" and ring at 0.90g was a "5" and the larger 14k gold ring was a 13-14 (6g)
Gold ring 14k 021422 s.jpg
as recent finds. fyi
14k ring w 2 diamonds 030422.jpg
Gold and Diamond ring 022822 weight.jpg

Gold/Platinum - 11
Silver - 21

19 on my Equinox with Coiltek coil not unusual, I have found over 500 gold rings in my travels. Most of the time I don't pay attention to screen, I just dig the targets. I get the same results with the Coiltek 10x5 Nox coil. 10k gold mens band rang up as 17

I really am starting to think the Equinox locks onto SIZE of an item...not saying always...but starting to notice a pattern... I have NOT found any gold with Equinox...silver yes... but some of my readings seem more based on size! (under 20 hunts in purchased around 2 months ago...

Also strange the other day had a quarter read 33!
Found a junk ring came in at #19...but also noticed the shape was around the size of a cent...

Seems to me the calibration for the equinox and readings often can be a little puzzling...dimes fine 25...quarters normally fine 29/30 ..cents...zincolns all over the board 16 to 26... a mess...

Also the equinox picking up the tinniest of pieces of metal ...

I have used several detectors and like the equinox... my goal make a detector pay for itself... but I am a little puzzled by some of the very inaccurate depth and tid... not saying I am struggling... over $40 in clad... just noticing the depth readings off... and the readings often off...

WOW some really great finds. Congrats it is a great felling pulling a gold ring out of the sand.