Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the Beach That Keeps on Giving

jeffc

Spent about five hours hunting the beach that produced a wonderful hunt last weekend. What are the chances of doing it again? Apparently, pretty good.

14K set. The engagement ring was the second target of the morning. The beaver tail being the first. I just had a feeling it would be a good hunt when I found the tab. The band was the second to last target. Rescanned that area just before leaving and it was about eight feet away. I just shook my head and smiled.

Found a nice silver chain, one silver ring, one copper, and a junker. Thirty seven quarters are part of twelve dollars in clad. The numbers on the engagement ring bounced around. As a result, I did dig about a dozen pulltabs. The band was a solid 12-04.

HH

JC

My apologies. A little case of CRS. The sterling rope ring on the left was found last week as my wife pointed out. She also let me know that the wedding set now belongs to her.

That was a nice trip to the beach!
I feel the same way as you about the beaver-tail tabs, they are a very good omen.
Thanks for sharing.
Charles

Charles

I cannot tell you the last time I found one on the beach. I agree...good juju.

37 quarters and a wedding set???? I gotta get me some better beaches to hunt! Wow!! I would hunt that beach just for the change!! The tendency of some good gold rings to give you funny numbers on a VLF are why I will never use anything but a PI on the beaches in my area (iron trash isn't overwhelming). Bet you're glad you dug that first signal which gave the engagement ring, otherwise you would have missed that AND you wouldn't have had an indication to rescan the area and get the wedding ring...good show, good loot for a pirate to plunder, only to be taken by Captain Mrs.! The big men's band awaits, for another day! Yar!

Another reason i also hunt in PP with the Xcal those diamond rings can really cause you to walk on by. Not a lot of difference in depth here in Fl with a PI with this deep sand so i get to cover a little more sand. Ive found you cant ignore many things out there that makes the detector go BEEP. This is one SWEET ring you ........ oooops parden me, shes got there.

Dew

Very outstanding! You got the pair! :surprised::drool: That is one super hunt, lots of gold/silver, and huge clad haul...that there was some fine effort all us sand diggers can appreciate..you gotta be feeling it today huh Brother?:stretcher:
Mud

Man, you found the spot. Couple of questions that would be interesting. The beach, had the sands just been eroded, blown out or something ? Was you working wet sand, some wading, low tide? What machine? Hats off to you Jeffc, that's a hunt I could only dream of. One thing, if it all happened on shore, are you thinking of wading out a little. Might be a whole new game waiting.

Grilled Scallops said:
37 quarters and a wedding set???? I gotta get me some better beaches to hunt! Wow!! I would hunt that beach just for the change!! The tendency of some good gold rings to give you funny numbers on a VLF are why I will never use anything but a PI on the beaches in my area (iron trash isn't overwhelming). Bet you're glad you dug that first signal which gave the engagement ring, otherwise you would have missed that AND you wouldn't have had an indication to rescan the area and get the wedding ring...good show, good loot for a pirate to plunder, only to be taken by Captain Mrs.! The big men's band awaits, for another day! Yar!

As bad as it sounds, at one point I began skipping over dimes and pennies focusing on quarters and nickels primarily. I have both VLF and PI machines and now the CTX. The last eight months I have been hunting with the CZ-21 and recently, the CTX, which is responsible for the last two hunts.

Thanks for the response.

JC

bootyhoundpa said:
Man you have got the hot spot...Beautiful wedding set...very nice...

Thanks. The wife really likes it. Need to get it resized for her.

JC

dewcon4414 said:
Another reason i also hunt in PP with the Xcal those diamond rings can really cause you to walk on by. Not a lot of difference in depth here in Fl with a PI with this deep sand so i get to cover a little more sand. Ive found you cant ignore many things out there that makes the detector go BEEP. This is one SWEET ring you ........ oooops parden me, shes got there.

Dew

These last two hunts are couretsy of the CTX. I may look at getting an Excal for the spring and exploring what is out in the water. I do not bleieve this beach has seen the likes of a metal detector. While there are plenty of great targets, there is plenty of trash which is certainly not a bad thing with the right machine.

I had been promising her a special ring and it has taken me almost three years to find it (them).

mudpuppy said:
Very outstanding! You got the pair! :surprised::drool: That is one super hunt, lots of gold/silver, and huge clad haul...that there was some fine effort all us sand diggers can appreciate..you gotta be feeling it today huh Brother?:stretcher:
Mud

It is funny, Mud. When I am out hunting, I often think about that 24KT gold chain you found--many of your outstanding finds for that matter.

Most of the recoveries were easy pickings. Not feeling sore yet. In fact, I was ready to head out again today but am taking the Mrs. to a football game.

HH

Dancer said:
Man, you found the spot. Couple of questions that would be interesting. The beach, had the sands just been eroded, blown out or something ? Was you working wet sand, some wading, low tide? What machine? Hats off to you Jeffc, that's a hunt I could only dream of. One thing, if it all happened on shore, are you thinking of wading out a little. Might be a whole new game waiting.

Dancer,

It is a combination of things. A new beach, sand movement, and a new machine. I have tended to hunt the same beaches over and over and production has dropped off. Several variables involved there as well. I do not believe this new beach has been hunted in quite some time, if at all. And yes, there has been some great sand movement...probably about an 18" cut. Ninety percent of the finds over the last two hunts have been within 50 feet of the cut. I have yet to make it close to the low tide mark or venture into the water (the waves are just too brutal now). I can only imagine what awaits.

I have been using a recently-acquired CTX. I did own one last year and was a little dissapointed in the performance and sold it. Was the machine to blame for past hunts? As I have learned, certainly not. Again though, it has been a combination of factors. The biggest has been getting away from the usual beaches and venturing out to new sites.

Been thinking about heading out with the CZ-21 or HH Pulse to see if I can sniff out some deeper targets.

And I agree with you. I have dreamed about hunts like this. I never would have imagined hunts like this for me, especially two weekends in a row. Yours is on the way...

HH

Fine looking yellow you found... Congrads! Got to love this hobby!!