Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Backlight is kaput

jayhawkpat

I have never used the backlight on my Eq 800 before today and when I tried to turn it on...nothing! No backlight, no indicator symbol, nothing. Tried everything I could think of but no luck. Anyone had this problem? Detector is about one year old but has only been used a couple of times...mainly due to pandemic.

Jayhawkpat, I haven’t but page 32 of the manual says you can press the button a few times and turn off the backlight.
Funny, it doesn’t say how or if pressing the button will turn it back on.
Tony

Since its under warranty, let Minelab fix it before time runs out. Could be other issues which may fail down the line.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Donna, that’s a good point.
Hope your machine is working.
Tony
Sounds like you still have 2 years left on warranty if it was bought new. It might start working again. I don't like putting stuff in the shipping system till I have to.

Sure, for the Garrett shills

My Nox has been flawless. No issues at all!