Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bad news. Detectorist dies in Lake Tahoe

Old coin hunter

Bad deal all around and especially being young and having a wife and young son who were there with him when it happened. So sad. Jim

Attachments

• Detectorist dies 1.jpg
    Detectorist dies 1.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 278
  • Detectorist dies 2.jpg
    Detectorist dies 2.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 271
It reinforces my belief that no one knows when their number is up. I’ve covered so many accidental deaths in my career and there is often no reason as to why. I’m at the age now that I know more names in the obituaries than I did 20 years ago. There is nothing anyone can say to make that young family understand.

He must have been an intelligent human being! Metal Detecting Lake Tahoe!
My understanding Lake Tahoe is the second most beautiful lake in the United States.
Undoubtedly, with all surrounding facts he would have believed there was treasure there! I would have!
With the geographical area and all! That is all at my first impression!
I came to notice some of the facts, and I see he left an attractive wife, and son behind.
It will take me awhile to regain my composure and come back, and read the story!
R I P

Leatherneck
Semper fidelis