Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bam Tiffany & Co

buckeeeee

At the beach this morning a strong and steady 7 reading, maybe 3 inches, markings, Tiffany & Co, 950, 2.38 ct, diamond tested positive, is their such a thing as a yellow diamond, nice looking ring, but is it the real thing???
Screenshot_20210131-100658_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210131-100658_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210131-100523_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210131-100523_Gallery.jpg

There are many colors of diamonds. Yellow is one of them A quality yellow of that size is big bucks. Consult a jeweler you trust and see if it is worth having a written appraisal done.

Holy Moly Batman!!!!!!!

There are many colors of diamonds. Yellow is one of them A quality yellow of that size is big bucks. Consult a jeweler you trust and see if it is worth having a written appraisal done.
I am definitely going to get it checked out, everybody that looks at it are convinced it is not a fake and is very pricey. When I found it, I knew it was special, but the old eyes couldn't read the markings, when I looked at it through my loupe and saw Tiffany & Co my pace maker skipped a beat.

Good advice. Platinum that someone looks to have picked their choice of good stone to put in was probably a lot of money. My local jeweler used to charge $70 for an appraisal, now it is $90. For quality rings, I've gotten about 30% of appraisal price, which is more than the what melt plus the cost of appraisal would have been. For not so quality rings, you got to balance the price of appraisal against melt value.

My local jeweler did two appraisals for me. Charged $50 for doing one and an additional $30 for doing the second one. Had both done at the same time. . One appraised at $2800 and she said do not take less than half of the appraisal. So i sold it for $1400. It was worth having the appraisal as the buyer saw what it was worth.

My local jeweler did two appraisals for me. Charged $50 for doing one and an additional $30 for doing the second one. Had both done at the same time. . One appraised at $2800 and she said do not take less than half of the appraisal. So i sold it for $1400. It was worth having the appraisal as the buyer saw what it was worth.
I hear you. Jewelers in my area sell with with full diamond certificates and completed piece appraisals for 1/2 of the appraised value as their retail price. From there, I have not been able to get to a resale of a quality piece that is "used" at near 1/2 of appraisal. I do well to get 1/3 hence what I said before. Most of the people here know the retail from a jeweler is about 1/2 appraisal for new jewelry. Different markets we are in.

Real nice find! Nox find? sounds like it..
Mark

What a nice find.... I can’t imagine that stone NOT being real in a Platinum setting and from that company.... I think you have a great find!!!:clapping::clapping:

A great find. I read sometime back that yellow diamonds are among the rarest of diamonds. I don't know if that's true but it's a Tiffany!

Fabulous Find, Tiffany platinum & 2.38 carats it certainly is worth getting appraised. Based on that information I'm quite sure it's worth a bundle, 15K on the low end

Fabulous Find, Tiffany platinum & 2.38 carats it certainly is worth getting appraised. Based on that information I'm quite sure it's worth a bundle, 15K on the low end
Thanks rarysgaaed, I guess I covered a whole list of bucket lister finds with this ring( Tiffany & Co, 950 platinum, 2.38 ct diamond and a yellow diamond). What would you say is the high end value??